Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x18 - Maud Pie  (Read 14728 times)

March 18, 2014, 10:42:44 PM
Reply #225
Did he like Filli Vanilli outside of Pinkie Pie?  :(
Why yes, in fact, he said it would have even been "admirable", if you know what he means! ;)

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 19, 2014, 10:09:13 AM
Reply #226
I love how he gave an explanation for the mane 6's slow reaction to Pinkie's danger.  Also, I love his "take-that" against Pinkie in Filli Vanilli, because yeah, I'm still on about that, and I'll keep going on that (in a respectable manner, hopefully) until it dawns upon Amy Keating Rogers that THIS is how it's done.

Meh, I'd say this was a totally different situation to Filli Vanilli since Pinkie put her life in danger. :-\

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

March 19, 2014, 09:20:12 PM
Reply #227
Meh, I'd say this was a totally different situation to Filli Vanilli since Pinkie put her life in danger. :-\
I think he was referring to the episode's overall portrayal, as opposed to her portrayal in Filli Vanilli.

March 20, 2014, 09:46:26 AM
Reply #228
I think he was referring to the episode's overall portrayal, as opposed to her portrayal in Filli Vanilli.

I didn't get that impression but I don't really think that matters to my point. :-\

- Master Willem

March 20, 2014, 05:18:29 PM
Reply #229
Well...  what I was kind of getting at (and what I assume Mr. Enter was getting at) was that in Filli Vanilli, Pinkie Pie didn't regret her actions at all, and never seemed to acknowledge that she wasn't thinking before she was acting, plus even after the other mane 6 kept talking her down and telling her that what she was doing wasn't helping, she still did it anyway, and barely seemed to regret it.  Yes, even if she did seem reluctant and/or sorry that she apparently upset Fluttershy, for me, it wasn't enough, and it made Pinkie Pie look all the worse for it.

True the two situations weren't all that similar, but I guess what I was getting at is that I can't say enough bad things about Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli, even if you somehow can't see how awful it was.  This isn't really the topic to talk about it, though...

And quite frankly, judging from our past experiences, I don't want to talk about it any further with you.

STILL haven't gotten around to commenting on the Equestria Daily follow-up, but I'll post it here just to remind myself to to it later:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/maud-pie-episode-followup.html

March 20, 2014, 05:55:31 PM
Reply #230
Well...  what I was kind of getting at (and what I assume Mr. Enter was getting at) was that in Filli Vanilli, Pinkie Pie didn't regret her actions at all, and never seemed to acknowledge that she wasn't thinking before she was acting, plus even after the other mane 6 kept talking her down and telling her that what she was doing wasn't helping, she still did it anyway, and barely seemed to regret it.  Yes, even if she did seem reluctant and/or sorry that she apparently upset Fluttershy, for me, it wasn't enough, and it made Pinkie Pie look all the worse for it.

True the two situations weren't all that similar, but I guess what I was getting at is that I can't say enough bad things about Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli, even if you somehow can't see how awful it was.  This isn't really the topic to talk about it, though...

Fair enough though Mr Enter did say that Pinkie saying she wasn't thinking would have made her actions in Filli Vanilli more acceptable, or less unpleasant.  Which ever phrasing works.

Though I'm guessing you'd disagree with him there. 

And quite frankly, judging from our past experiences, I don't want to talk about it any further with you.

Ok then.

- Master Willem

March 20, 2014, 09:32:37 PM
Reply #231
Fair enough thoug :lunaheroich Mr Enter did say that Pinkie saying she wasn't thinking would have made her actions in Filli Vanilli more acceptable, or less unpleasant.  Which ever phrasing works.

Though I'm guessing you'd disagree with him there. 
Actually, I think I would agree...  Kind of.  Honestly, I just don't like it in general, and on reflection, I don't think it's as bad as what she did to Cranky Doodle Donkey at the end of A Friend in Deed, but really, this is an aspect of Pinkie Pie I really want to die (coincidentally, it's also the most common and prevalent in episodes written by Amy Keating Rogers).  Regardless, it would have made the episode more bearable or easier to swallow at the very least.

March 20, 2014, 10:03:43 PM
Reply #232
The episode in general is awesome. But another sister might be too much. I mean so far we have had two episodes about Pinkie Pie and her family. Overall, I thought it was fun and I love how Maud was like so bland. It made me laugh a bit because, most of us are used to normal acting ponies.

Maud dough.
She has to have Tom as her cutie mark.   :lol:
lol
file:///C:/Users/Eric/Pictures/donotopen/KAWAII.gif

March 21, 2014, 11:18:48 AM
Reply #233
I guess y'all aren't fans of dry humor then...
I guess they don't
Now this makes me wonder if they ever had you ever read any James Thurber in, like, school or something. I remember elementary school.

March 21, 2014, 11:23:04 PM
Reply #234
Right, here are my comments on this follow-up here:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/03/maud-pie-episode-followup.html

I just think Maud looks really cute and pretty.  Maybe it's the eyelashes or something...

Ponies are so cute, getting thrown around. :3

Yeah, is it just me, or did Rainbow Dash get shown up a lot in this episode.  Strange that Pinkie would resort to throwing everypony into her home but neglect Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie's just so cute there...  also, pony butts.  Why am I so distracted by that?!

lol, Rainbow Dash...  she's actually pretty funny in this episode.

Adorable pictures drawn by Pinkie are adorable.

I said it before, I'll say it again; tubby-belly Rainbow Dash is adorable.  The whole show is adorable.

Except with it has those weird faces, then it's funny.  And again, somepony yanks Rainbow's tail.  Surprised it hasn't gotten pulled off by this point.

I have to admit, it does look like Rarity rushed with that particular accessory...  also, scrunchy face.  I think it has lost a bit of it's cuteness, if only because I've seen so many cuter things since.

I've also said this before and I'll say it again: while I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea that they introduced a new sibling that was never seen or mentioned before in previous seasons, at the very least, unlike Shining Armor, there was some set-up here with her being included in that photo of her family in Pinkie's Pride, not to mention apparently she was mentioned in one of the books.  More importantly, there's nothing that outright contradicts this fact; yeah we didn't see her in The Cutie Mark Chronicles, but there could have been a lot of reasons why we didn't see her; maybe she took her time getting there, since it's been shown that she's pretty slow unless Pinkie's life is in danger, not to mention Pinkie's memory of the situation can be called into question, given how she ends her story.  For that, I'm actually happy that the writers, animators, and sotryboard artists improved on this draw-back, and I'm overall okay with it, especially considering that I freaking love Maud Pie, thanks to this episode!

I don't know if her mind "shattered", but I think Rarity was taken aback by how literally Maud took what she said.  I mean, yeah, dresses don't talk, but uh...  you know, it's really hard to explain these things to someone like that.

BTW, apparently, if you look back on this episode, you'll notice that Maud takes a bit of her sandwich, then slides Boulder towards it, the episode cuts to Applejack, then when we're back on Maud and Boulder, the sandwich is gone... :lol:

I love that face Maud made.  It's kind of shocked, but not really.  Honestly, I just love Maud so much, and it's all because of how plain and deadpan she can be, all while looking adorable at the same time (thanks to this show's pony designs).

Pinkie, will you forget the stupid pioneers?! Have you ever noticed that there are none of them left? That's because they were lousy hitchhikers, ate wood and took directions from moss! And now, you're telling me they thought they could drive... *gets run over* ...rocks? Hold on there, Jethro!

Gummy's displayed emotion before.  He looked angry at Angel in Just for Sidekicks.

Angry/frustrated Rainbow Dash is still both cute and funny to look at.

Pinkie seriously needs to calm down, or at the very least, stop making that face!

D'aww. :)

Move it spider, I'm trying to look at that rock!

Also, a lot of people say that Maud's poems are bad or intentionally bad...  Really, with what can constitute a poem, and how sometimes true art is incomprehensible, Maud's poems, on some level, maybe be amazing or a lot more insightful then some people give it credit for.  ...I, for one, loved it regardless.  Also, I love Twilight in that shot.  Just...  so much to say about it.  Also, Pinkie's cute.

That smokey Pinkie is kind of creepy...  I can't really explain why, maybe it's better to just think of it as a normal dust cloud.

This is what happens when you freeze frame motion blurs.  The results are pure gold.  Gosh Jiminy I love that face!

THAT face, on the other hand, is creepy.  Does Pinkie Pie always drink like that?

Rainbow Dash used ROCK THROW!  It's not very effective...
Maud Pie used ROCK THROW!  It's super effective!

I kind of find wet manes overrated, with some exceptions.  I do like this picture of wet-maned Maud, but it almost feels like her being wet has little to do with why I like it.

Again, love the expression on RD's face.  Again, her faces are both cute AND funny to look at!  Pinkie's cute, too.

This one guy, the Mysterious Mr. Enter, cited that the only flaw this episode has, even though it borders on nitpicking, is when the mane 6 tells Pinkie that it's not going to work out with them and Maud.  He apparently thinks her hair should have deflated and she's sad some time later or something...  I honestly don't understand why it needs to be THAT way, I think it works find as it is.  Besides, how would they have worked in the obstacle course otherwise?  Like she's said, then instantly gets the idea for that?  Really, I think the way they did it in the episode worked out the best, with Pinkie being depressed, then contemplating (and taking the time to build all that stuff) then coming back to her friends for one last try.  ...Actually, she couldn't have contemplated it, because she admitted that she didn't think this through.  Eh, whatever, it worked fine to me.  I especially love how her hair deflated but didn't go full Pinkamena mode.  I feel like that's reserved for when she's super depressed about something.

It's weird to think this show started almost 4 years ago.  It honestly doesn't feel that long to me.

Even with Rainbow Dash just lying there, I think she's adorable, cute, and awesome. :P

Pinkie's so cute when she's happy!  Also, Double Dare course of death.

Pinkie's also cute when she makes that face and does strange poses like that. :P

What's with that grumpy-looking bunny?

Oh yeah, GUTS!  Forgot about that, even though it seems obvious now.

Why would anyone laugh at a rock-themed superhero?  For one, I'm almost certain that exists somewhere (isn't The Thing rock-themed?), for another, that sounds pretty badass, just in general, Maud not withstanding.  But yeah, Maud's amazing.

Is that a rock in Maud's mouth, or is it just falling past her?  Either way...  I feel a bit naughty/embarrassed looking up her outfit like that...  then I remember most ponies are naked all the time.

I ADORE that picture of Maud huggin Pinkie Pie.  For one, Pinkie Pie is just too cute, with her big eyes looking up at Maud; for another, ponies hugging in general is just super cute.  Lastly, this is a really heartwarming scene, since despite seeming emotionally distant, Maud really, REALLY loves Pinkie Pie...  Like, a lot.  It just makes me want to hug them both! XD

Yeah, this season DOES have, uh, like a ton of butts.

Pinkie's dance in that GIF...  That's it.

Yeah, what is this, Bedrock?  I mean, I know Pinkie lives on a rock farm, but does EVERYTHING there have to be made of rocks?  Well, no, because Pinkie's home isn't made of rocks.

I think I mentioned this as well, how Rainbow Dash is struggling to carry her rock candy necklace, but Maud doesn't flinch at all.  Also, I can never hear the phrase "solid as a rock" and not hear, instead, "Solid as a Brock!"  Pokemon man, that's what it does to you.

I love that we actually got a smile out of Maud at the end of this episode.  Kind of makes me wonder why she never smiled before, though again, if it's Pinkie Pie, I'm sure she'll show more emotions then normal.  Similarly, I always wonder why writers keep using the running joke of Fluttershy being unable to yell, yet we've seen her yell numerous times, but that's another topic.

Fun Fact: did you know that, while diamonds are indeed hard, they're also incredibly brittle?  Even though they're immune to being cut or slashed, if struck in the right place with enough force, one could easily crack a diamond in half.  Rock facts...  Surprisingly awesome.

March 30, 2014, 03:13:00 PM
Reply #235
One of the best reviewers has spoken

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JygnNCvLgWM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JygnNCvLgWM</a>

it's still worst episode of the season to me  :angelno

April 28, 2014, 10:52:23 PM
Reply #236
First time posting in one of these threads and I already feel weird.  ???

I love the episode and Maud herself. Plain simple.  :lol:

And nothing else?

I can do that!

I can also make shadow puppets with my penis!

May 01, 2014, 05:00:59 PM
Reply #237
That's a good first post to make in one of these threads :monster:

Also I agree

May 14, 2014, 09:42:27 AM
Reply #238
"This next one is about rocks. They're all about rocks."

This episode is probably one of my favourite episodes of the show, and watching it soon after the Breezy episode led to two new favourite one shot (so far) characters in a row.

I think part of the reason I liked it so much was because I'm sure meeting me is a bit like meeting/hanging around Maud Pie  :-X Only I talk less  :-X
:scootawat
:scootablank :scootasad :scootawink :scootehehehe :scootwhoa :scottastarryeyed :scootgrin

I am not whining, I am complaining

This post comes with a free frogurt

March 05, 2015, 03:56:22 PM
Reply #239
I wonder if there will be a follow up episode with maud having completed her course has to move away further away from ponyville for a new career opportunity hey in that episode they could even explain how on earth did maud manage to get pinkie pie out of harms way