Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Rick and Morty  (Read 2594 times)

January 21, 2014, 12:57:14 AM
Alright, this is a show that I was very much on the fence about. However, tonight's episode won me over. The whole Meesees things and the Jack and the Beanstalk thing were great. Had me rolling. And next week's episode looks great as well. It's nice to see Adult Swim roll out something good.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

January 21, 2014, 01:21:07 AM
Reply #1
You mean the show with the Marty McFly and Doc Brown expies with the Adam Sandler-ish comedy of violence = automatic humor?

You'll have to try reeeeeaaaallll hard to sell me on that.

January 21, 2014, 01:42:55 AM
Reply #2
Yeah, that's what I thought at first. Then I caught a few episodes. It's a pretty good show.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

January 21, 2014, 04:02:02 AM
Reply #3
I will try and catch a few episodes.

August 08, 2015, 11:03:53 AM
Reply #4
*casually bumps thread* :-X

It took me forever to finally remember to watch this but I got around to it a few days ago and marathoned liked the whole thing and now I'm caught up. :monster:

Fun fact: Deacon Publicover of Video Games Awesome (a Let's Play stream on Twitch) is a production manager, which is the main reason I wanted to watch this. Unfortunately this is also the reason why he's not on VGA much any more.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Show By Rock!! ID: 784396951
Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Your mother was chair making tools. :monster:
[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 08, 2015, 11:58:22 AM
Reply #5
My friend is trying to convince me to give this a shot.

If you want to follow me on Fimfiction, you can go to my account page here.

August 08, 2015, 03:45:00 PM
Reply #6
Oh, we have a thread for this show? Neat.
I don't watch it a lot but from the 5 or so episodes I have seen I must say I like it quite a lot.

Truly the only reason I haven't watched every episode is because I don't watch cable nor do I have Netflix or anything similar  :monster:

August 09, 2015, 09:52:45 AM
Reply #7
I downloaded Jerry's Game to my phone last night. It's kinda fun, I think could be improved if it went faster over time and more balloons spawned at once. That'd make it more challenging. As far as I'm aware, with the way it is now you'll most likely only fail by stopping and doing something else, or misclicking. The bombs are also very easy to avoid because of how slow the balloons move and how little there are at once (excluding right after you hit a benchmark, of course).

At least it'll give me another game to play when I'm out of the house and don't want to use my minutes to play the games I normally play.

Oh, we have a thread for this show? Neat.
I don't watch it a lot but from the 5 or so episodes I have seen I must say I like it quite a lot.

Truly the only reason I haven't watched every episode is because I don't watch cable nor do I have Netflix or anything similar  :monster:

I have cable, but my parents are both almost always using the TVs themselves (my mom uses the one in her room and my dad uses the main one), and when my dad isn't using the TV, my brother is using it to play games. We lack Netflix too. So I can only watch TV online, most of the time unable to actually support the shows. :'(

This is why I think all TV stations should have all their shows available online, but with ads or something (and find some way to make AdBlock not work), so then people who can't watch them on TV can watch them whenever and still support the show. Like how you can watch every episode of US Whose Line on CW's site.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 09, 2015, 12:31:52 PM
Reply #8
They probably have some kind of deal with the cable and satalitte companies.  If you could watch cable shows online, why pay for cable?  So they want to make sure you're actually paying to get that channel.

If you want to follow me on Fimfiction, you can go to my account page here.

August 09, 2015, 02:33:55 PM
Reply #9
Oh, by the way, those wanting to check out the show, make sure you don't stop watching when the credits start, as in every episode there's another scene after the credits. The credits don't mean the episode is completely over. :monster:

They probably have some kind of deal with the cable and satalitte companies.  If you could watch cable shows online, why pay for cable?  So they want to make sure you're actually paying to get that channel.

Cable seems to be on its way out anyway, with Netflix and all. Eventually it probably won't be a thing and most people will watch on their computers or with Netflix and similar things.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 12, 2015, 03:34:07 AM
Reply #10
Didn't even realize we had a Rick and Morty thread. Dang if this second season hasn't already been simply amazing. Two great songs in two episodes, feels, and one of the best assassins I've ever seen. This season is simply tops.

Also let me just say how pleased I am that "Goodbye Moonmen" was made into a full song. Here's a link in case any one wants to give it a listen. Careful though the comments down below the song have spoilers about the episode. So listen to the song and don't read the comments.
https://soundcloud.com/wmstrecs/goodbye-moonmen-full-track

---
I'd like to think I've got a good grip on reality.

Though I could be wrong.

August 12, 2015, 10:00:03 AM
Reply #11
I've been making progress in Jerry's Game. Unlocked some stuff and got the "pop 5000 balloons" achievement. I'll aim for the 10,000 one today, and the 50,000 one maybe tomorrow?

I must beat this game. Hopefully all the secret achievements are realistic. :-X

Didn't even realize we had a Rick and Morty thread. Dang if this second season hasn't already been simply amazing. Two great songs in two episodes, feels, and one of the best assassins I've ever seen. This season is simply tops.

Also let me just say how pleased I am that "Goodbye Moonmen" was made into a full song. Here's a link in case any one wants to give it a listen. Careful though the comments down below the song have spoilers about the episode. So listen to the song and don't read the comments.
https://soundcloud.com/wmstrecs/goodbye-moonmen-full-track

Yeah, I bumped it since I didn't want to make another when we already had one.

Gotta love them feels. :-X

EDIT: fUCK

I popped a fucking nail balloon and then it hit a fucking bomb.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:11:11 PM by 雫シークレットマインド »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 17, 2015, 10:32:01 AM
Reply #12
So, new episode discussion!

3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 19, 2015, 05:49:37 PM
Reply #13
So, new episode discussion!

---

Though I could be wrong.

August 19, 2015, 06:12:41 PM
Reply #14

« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 06:57:49 PM by 雫シークレットマインド »
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 19, 2015, 07:42:15 PM
Reply #15
So I found a Rick & Morty marathon stream earlier, but now it's not available. Maybe it'll be available later? I don't know the schedule of adult swim's streams. Still, here's the link in case anyone's interested. http://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/

Edit: You can also check Reddit for ways to watch and support the show. It has its own subreddit. https://www.reddit.com/r/rickandmorty

Edit2: I'm new to Adult Swim's website, but some episodes also seem to be available here. http://www.adultswim.com/videos/rick-and-morty/
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:45:34 PM by PieDisliker »
My channel exclusive for ponies: http://www.youtube.com/user/PieDislikerSwag

Naturally. You dislike pie, so you must prefer cake.

I dislike cake, and thus prefer pie.

We were destined to be enemies. Unfortunately for you, I'm technically immortal.

August 19, 2015, 11:09:39 PM
Reply #16
I just recently got into this show when my best friend told me to watch the pilot... is it worth pursuing? :-X Seems very quirky and funny, but I do have a limited amount of free time to invest in new things.
L̻I̙̫̗͇̲̞̹F̥̭̰͇̖̟͈E̹̼̳͕ ͇H͓̼͇͖͎͓A̟͖S͎ A̞̖ ͇͍M̦͇̙͓̦E̞̳͔̱̼̩Ḷ̻̯O͕Ḏ̮̱̲͉̠̭Y

August 19, 2015, 11:16:10 PM
Reply #17
I just recently got into this show when my best friend told me to watch the pilot... is it worth pursuing? :-X Seems very quirky and funny, but I do have a limited amount of free time to invest in new things.

It's totally worth it, it has feels too. There aren't many episodes yet. Season 1 only had 11, and only four episodes of season 2 have aired thus far (and will have 10 in total), so you could probably just catch up within a day, that's what I did.
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 19, 2015, 11:18:15 PM
Reply #18

It's probably the best show that Adult Swim ever aired.
My channel exclusive for ponies: http://www.youtube.com/user/PieDislikerSwag

Naturally. You dislike pie, so you must prefer cake.

I dislike cake, and thus prefer pie.

We were destined to be enemies. Unfortunately for you, I'm technically immortal.

August 19, 2015, 11:35:38 PM
Reply #19
It's totally worth it, it has feels too. There aren't many episodes yet. Season 1 only had 11, and only four episodes of season 2 have aired thus far (and will have 10 in total), so you could probably just catch up within a day, that's what I did.

Oh, okay. Cool.

It's probably the best show that Adult Swim ever aired.
Huh. ??? I mean, I've never been that big of an adult swim fan, but I guess that's gotta mean something.
L̻I̙̫̗͇̲̞̹F̥̭̰͇̖̟͈E̹̼̳͕ ͇H͓̼͇͖͎͓A̟͖S͎ A̞̖ ͇͍M̦͇̙͓̦E̞̳͔̱̼̩Ḷ̻̯O͕Ḏ̮̱̲͉̠̭Y

August 20, 2015, 12:03:30 AM
Reply #20
Better than Venture Bros. though? I don't see how anything can top that.
See the bunny bees and puffs of steam from singing kettles in the trees. Bread and butterflies with fork and knives who like to make a meal of time.
Life is clockwork quick - lightning slow. Faster on your toes, so eat your sugared dream and taste the day before it runs away.

August 20, 2015, 10:04:32 AM
Reply #21
3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 20, 2015, 05:11:38 PM
Reply #22

This show is really good, has great humor and is even a bit deep at times. I would gladly vote for this show if it was running as president.

Better than Venture Bros. though? I don't see how anything can top that.
I wouldn't say Rick&Morty is better then the Venture Bros., but I would say they are on equal footing for how enjoyable they are to watch.

Simply amazing!
---

Though I could be wrong.

August 20, 2015, 05:31:36 PM
Reply #23
Simply amazing!

3DS Friendcode:
2320-6225-0063
EqF Discord Server

Add me or something.

My Lobi Profile

[/quote]
goes sleepy*
[/center]
[/spoiler]

August 20, 2015, 05:39:49 PM
Reply #24

---

Though I could be wrong.