Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies  (Read 8884 times)

March 01, 2014, 09:51:08 AM
Reply #50
I thought he was German. And to he fair they're not annoying like the 2003 counter parts. And thank god for that.

March 01, 2014, 09:51:41 AM
Reply #51
:abwtf
You know, because PewDiePie is Swedish, and sadly he is the first Swedish person to come to mind...

OK, I'll stop talking now.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

March 01, 2014, 09:54:56 AM
Reply #52
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

March 01, 2014, 09:57:13 AM
Reply #53
I loved Fluttershy's treatment of the bees.

"Do you know who I am?  I'M THE FLUTTERSHY, BITCH!"

Also, Fluttershy went rainbow.

And they did turn into Breezies.  I can't believe I called it.
Signature in need of ideas at the moment.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

March 01, 2014, 09:57:55 AM
Reply #54

Snowy Flanks

March 01, 2014, 10:01:23 AM
Reply #55

March 01, 2014, 10:02:20 AM
Reply #56

[/spoiler]

March 01, 2014, 10:02:47 AM
Reply #57
the fourth key has been obtained, next AJ

Snowy Flanks

March 01, 2014, 10:03:18 AM
Reply #58
I can't believe I called Fluttershy becoming a breezie out of sarcasm.  It's the Ambipom thing all over again.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

March 01, 2014, 10:04:16 AM
Reply #59

March 01, 2014, 10:10:25 AM
Reply #60
Why do I get the feeling Natasha Levigner is going to get hate mail and MAYBE death threats over this episode like AKR did over Filli Vanilli? It looks like the transformation at the end is causing a lot of people to get upset over that bit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:18:25 AM by Felix Hawthorne »

March 01, 2014, 10:14:10 AM
Reply #61
I liked the episode.
And I too thought the Breezies language sounded kind of like German.

On another note, I wonder how long until someone does a "Boop!" thing with the prologue.

March 01, 2014, 10:18:18 AM
Reply #62
Why do I get the feeling Natasha Levigner is going to get hate mail and MAYBE death threats over this episode like AKR did over Filli Vanilli? It looks like the transformation at the end is causing people to get upset over the episode.
I'm not upset.  I'm just shocked I had actually guessed it by sarcasm.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

March 01, 2014, 10:19:22 AM
Reply #63
I'm not upset.  I'm just shocked I had actually guessed it by sarcasm.
There's a lot of people on Equestria Daily treating that bit as a game breaker for the episode, some even admitting that it single handedly ruined it for them.

March 01, 2014, 10:20:07 AM
Reply #64
Why do I get the feeling Natasha Levigner is going to get hate mail and MAYBE death threats over this episode like AKR did over Filli Vanilli? It looks like the transformation at the end is causing a lot of people to get upset over that bit.
Really? :abwtf Did people get upset at the end of "The Crystal Empire" too?
OC descriptions here

March 01, 2014, 10:21:55 AM
Reply #65
Really? :abwtf Did people get upset at the end of "The Crystal Empire" too?
Well...there were people over there that hated CE too. Not for that bit but the whole thing.

And apparently there's a new complaint about the transformation spell, in that it makes Twilight overpowered and breaks the world for them.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:22:30 AM by Felix Hawthorne »

March 01, 2014, 10:26:04 AM
Reply #66
Well...there were people over there that hated CE too. Not for that bit but the whole thing.

And apparently there's a new complaint about the transformation spell, in that it makes Twilight overpowered and breaks the world for them.
Twilight broke the universe on accident in the Season 3 finale BEFORE she became an alicorn princess.

I got no qualms with the transformation.  I'm just shocked they actually did it.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

March 01, 2014, 10:29:20 AM
Reply #67
I just wish Spike had gone breezie, that would have been awesome

Snowy Flanks

March 01, 2014, 10:29:26 AM
Reply #68
Twilight broke the universe on accident in the Season 3 finale BEFORE she became an alicorn princess.

I got no qualms with the transformation.  I'm just shocked they actually did it.
But it sadly seems like the transformation is bringing out the Alicorn Twilight critics out in force, many outright saying this might break the dynamics of the show if it keeps going this way.

So yeah, more fandom drama incoming. I wouldn't be surprised if the "Faust needs to come back" and "all the current writers are idiots"  waves of drama come back because of this episode.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 10:30:37 AM by Felix Hawthorne »

March 01, 2014, 10:33:27 AM
Reply #69
I don't see how.  If anything, transformation magic opens up more storytelling possibilities.  It's not like Twilight is going to turn ponies into breezies just to do it.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

March 01, 2014, 10:38:09 AM
Reply #70
I don't see how.  If anything, transformation magic opens up more storytelling possibilities.  It's not like Twilight is going to turn ponies into breezies just to do it.
hat I see it, Spike can now become a pony thus Sparity is closer to happening

Snowy Flanks

March 01, 2014, 10:41:22 AM
Reply #71
Considering the breezies sound Swedish, we need art of them with viking helmets and their hair braided.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

March 01, 2014, 10:45:00 AM
Reply #72
Sadly, replace Breezies with pretty much all races and that's how the fandom is reacting.

This is looking like it might actually be the most divisive episode since MMC, and now people are personally attacking each other for liking/disliking this episode now. The typical "you can't say anything negative in this fandom without being labeled as a hater" argument is coming back, and some are saying this could one day ruin the franchise,the episode I mean.

Some are even commenting that this might actually divide the fandom forever like Alicorn Twilight did.

March 01, 2014, 10:55:05 AM
Reply #73
Okay, I liked this. The breezies were appropriately adorable, and everythinbg came together unexpectedly well to make a rainbow episode. Fluttershy had a worthy (and nontrivial) Kindness epiphany while teaching Sea Breeze a basic friendship lesson.

The only minor idiotic thing was the original accident -- there's no way a leaf in the airstream could cause that kind of havoc. The leaf just follows the air currents that are already there. It makes the turbulence in the air visible but doesn't cause it. So even without a leaf the breezies would have been blown out of whack.

Considering the breezies sound Swedish, we need art of them with viking helmets and their hair braided.

Swedish? What are you smoking? Nothing Swedish about them at all as far as I can hear.
OC descriptions here

March 01, 2014, 10:59:21 AM
Reply #74
Yeah, looking at this, there's TONS of complaints about the transformation spell being a world breaking event that ruins the show's universe in favor of toy selling.

There's even a thread where someone is asking how this transformation spell ruins the episode, and basically both sides of the argument are attacking each other over it.

If I was Natasha Levigner and Meghan McCarthy, I'd be getting myself ready for floods of hate mail and death threats. If AKR got attacked personally for Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli, I don't want to know what will happen to those two now.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 11:00:27 AM by Felix Hawthorne »