Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x16 - It Ain't Easy Being Breezies  (Read 11680 times)

January 07, 2014, 11:58:51 AM
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/season-4-episodes-14-15-and-16-titles.html

http://news.everfree.net/2014/02/synopsis-revealed-for-s4e16-it-aint-easy-being-breezies/

Air Date: March 1st
Fluttershy tries to help magical creatures, but soon finds herself tending to their every need.

BTW, Breezies are something from previous pony-lore.  Specifically, they're from G3...  they're basically insect ponies:

http://gyazo.com/43eb13338c9ca86f99985497073c954f
http://gyazo.com/a9506c45cebe090df2ddea5b474a0ba8
http://gyazo.com/8dea8040262b03f35ecf5ec4e96e30ab

Yeah...

January 07, 2014, 12:53:47 PM
Reply #1
I wonder if they'll meet breezies or be turned into them. Considering this season, the latter is a distinct possibility.
Signature in need of ideas at the moment.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

January 07, 2014, 09:23:36 PM
Reply #2
Breezies ARE something from previous pony-lore.  Specifically, they're basically insect ponies:

Didn't this happen some time before? The Season 2 finale, if I'm not mistaken...?
"When this baby hits 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious (BUY SOME APPLES!) " - Dr. Emmet L. Brown (mostly)

"Snakes...why did it have to be snakes...?" -Indiana Jones

"It's Taco Tuesday!" - Sonata Dusk, Rainbow Rocks

" I do NOT say 'Blah Bluh Blah' !" - Dracula, Hotel Transylvania

January 07, 2014, 09:25:24 PM
Reply #3
I like how we have episode titles for things that won't happen for over a month  ???

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

January 07, 2014, 10:10:13 PM
Reply #4
Just so long as they're not as annoying as the Breezies were in G3.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

January 08, 2014, 03:08:54 AM
Reply #5

January 22, 2014, 12:32:55 AM
Reply #6

February 13, 2014, 03:04:33 AM
Reply #7

February 13, 2014, 03:09:38 AM
Reply #8
http://news.everfree.net/2014/02/synopsis-revealed-for-s4e16-it-aint-easy-being-breezies/
We now have a synopsis!

(Spoilered just in case) Anyway,  this looks like it'll be an interesting episode.
You made this day a special day just by being yourself

Check me out on FIM Fiction!

February 13, 2014, 10:30:29 AM
Reply #9
Hmmm I wonder how this will play out?  Will this really be a continuation of Fluttershy's trip in Three's a Crowd?

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

February 13, 2014, 10:43:07 AM
Reply #10

February 13, 2014, 11:47:28 AM
Reply #11
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

February 13, 2014, 11:48:55 AM
Reply #12
Yeah, that was my reaction too.
I'm OK with it though, because I don't think these guys will act like Discord in any way. And that episode was pretty much a Discord story, and this one being a Fluttershy one will pretty much make it different in tone.

February 13, 2014, 11:55:08 AM
Reply #13
I had been waiting in ages for the Breezies to come back.

February 14, 2014, 11:28:29 AM
Reply #14

This really feels like a rainbow power episode, I for one say get the bug spary on this one

Snowy Flanks

February 14, 2014, 11:30:31 AM
Reply #15

February 14, 2014, 11:54:48 AM
Reply #16
This really feels like a rainbow power episode, I for one say get the bug spary on this one

Well, it lacks the first name effect.
OC descriptions here

February 14, 2014, 03:01:45 PM
Reply #17
Well, it lacks the first name effect.
I know but it just seems like the concept is perfectly aligned with test of kindness, like Fluttershy learns you don't need to be a doormat in order to be kind

Snowy Flanks

February 14, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Reply #18
I know but it just seems like the concept is perfectly aligned with test of kindness, like Fluttershy learns you don't need to be a doormat in order to be kind

But the rainbow episodes so far have not been about learning more about your attribute -- it's been about putting ambition before it -- and, incidentally, teaching someone else about it.

Oh the other hand, it is difficult to imagine how Fluttershy of all ponies could let ambition make her lose sight of anything. But if it is to be approximated anyway (and the naming convention ignored), then I'd say that the synopsis (and preview) for "Filli Vanilli" looks more promising -- Fluttershy's shyness makes her lose sight of whatever the fundraiser is for.
OC descriptions here

February 14, 2014, 04:06:13 PM
Reply #19

I actually thought the same thing about Three's a Crowd for Twi so it is possible for episodes to sound like they'll be Rainbow Power episodes just from synopsis. :-\

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

February 15, 2014, 02:35:06 AM
Reply #20
Well put me in the boat that thinks this is the episode where Fluttershy will get her rainbow trinket... I bet she gets a gift fron a breezie in the end :D

February 15, 2014, 06:56:02 AM
Reply #21

February 15, 2014, 07:18:00 PM
Reply #22
Having read the synopsis, I'm going to guess it'll go something like this.

The Breezies are shy, but when Fluttershy treats them nicely, they become more open, and then they reach the point of being reliant on Fluttershy.  Unlike Discord, who pretty much abused Twilight's kindness when treating him, the Breezies likely have no malicious intent and don't realize that they're working poor Fluttershy too hard.

As for the idea of this being her key episode...  I suppose it could work, though I'd have to wonder in what context...

February 16, 2014, 10:15:56 PM
Reply #23

February 16, 2014, 10:27:26 PM
Reply #24
As for the idea of this being her key episode...  I suppose it could work, though I'd have to wonder in what context...
Teaching the Breezies kindness? Not to take advantage of others? Not to let being assertive become being a bully?

Could go a number of ways.