Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x15 - Twilight Time  (Read 7576 times)

February 20, 2014, 02:30:55 PM
Reply #25
I just got upset with the backlash to Rarity Takes Manehattan, because you remember how I have issues with people who take one flaw and let it ruin the whole episode for them, acting as if there was nothing good about the episode at all? That was how the RTM backlash was, and using that flaw to deride the entire season for them.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 20, 2014, 05:31:21 PM
Reply #26
I'm in the same boat as the people who didn't like the episode. I hatred it because I just can't stand Rarity at all. And the episode it self wasn't that good.

February 20, 2014, 05:33:44 PM
Reply #27
I'm in the same boat as the people who didn't like the episode. I hatred it because I just can't stand Rarity at all. And the episode it self wasn't that good.

I don't think you should hate an episode just because it stars Rarity ADF :P

And the people who Felix said didn't like the episode for one simple thing didn't dislike it because of Rarity.

February 20, 2014, 07:10:15 PM
Reply #28
I just got upset with the backlash to Rarity Takes Manehattan, because you remember how I have issues with people who take one flaw and let it ruin the whole episode for them, acting as if there was nothing good about the episode at all? That was how the RTM backlash was, and using that flaw to deride the entire season for them.
Like I've said to you before, you can let that get to you.  If you enjoy the episode, enjoy the episode, and find like-minded people like that.  I enjoyed the episode very much so, despite some hiccups here and there.

I think it should be around that time where we get a clip...

February 20, 2014, 07:12:18 PM
Reply #29
Like I've said to you before, you can let that get to you.  If you enjoy the episode, enjoy the episode, and find like-minded people like that.  I enjoyed the episode very much so, despite some hiccups here and there.

I think it should be around that time where we get a clip...
That's usually on Friday, I think.

February 20, 2014, 08:38:54 PM
Reply #30

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

February 20, 2014, 08:51:35 PM
Reply #31

February 20, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
Reply #32
To quote a Facebook comment:

"So NOW all of Ponyville realizes she's a princess."
At least they're addressing it  :-\

February 20, 2014, 10:16:44 PM
Reply #33
Good to know the residents of Ponyville have finally gotten their eyes checked.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

February 21, 2014, 01:49:52 PM
Reply #34
and so the staring and mass bowing in Ponyville begins while Twilight will be like  ::)

:lol:
Actually, i think it's for another reason, but let's see. Nice to see Pipsqueak again.

February 22, 2014, 12:24:32 AM
Reply #35
I am looked forward to this one since I heard of it, I hope princess is refercenced

Snowy Flanks

February 22, 2014, 12:40:38 AM
Reply #36

February 22, 2014, 12:41:54 AM
Reply #37
I'd just like to step in and repeat this for emphasis. This is extremely important and deserves to be said again: Just enjoy the episode if you enjoy it! You don't have to care about what the fandom thinks and what the fandom's reaction was and what the fandom found to nitpick this time. I personally don't even keep tabs on what's controversial or not half the time.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 12:42:37 AM by Tender Page »

February 22, 2014, 06:09:45 AM
Reply #38
It is for selfish reasons, but at least some ponys remember that Twilight is a princess this season. What is wrong with these ponies, the mane 6 I get, but every pony else should give Twilight the regal treatment.

February 22, 2014, 06:26:13 AM
Reply #39
It is for selfish reasons, but at least some ponys remember that Twilight is a princess this season. What is wrong with these ponies, the mane 6 I get, but every pony else should give Twilight the regal treatment.

My impression is that the writers think they're accommodating fans who didn't want Twilight to become a princess.

Which is stupid and misguided; I would much have preferred her to stay a commoner, but now that the damage of making her a princess has already been done, it enrages me extra that we're not getting anything (story opportunities, continuity, anything) in exchange for that cost.

Seriously, it's as if when the idea was first rumored S3 they sat down in a room for a damage controll meeting and said "uh, this is bad -- we can either piss off a lot of fans who like the idea of Twilight to being a pricess, or piss off a lot of fans who loathe it. What do we do?" And then someone said "I know! Let's give them the worst of both options at once and piss off everybody!" And somehow they went with that.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

February 22, 2014, 09:31:47 AM
Reply #40
My impression is that the writers think they're accommodating fans who didn't want Twilight to become a princess.

Which is stupid and misguided; I would much have preferred her to stay a commoner, but now that the damage of making her a princess has already been done, it enrages me extra that we're not getting anything (story opportunities, continuity, anything) in exchange for that cost.

Seriously, it's as if when the idea was first rumored S3 they sat down in a room for a damage controll meeting and said "uh, this is bad -- we can either piss off a lot of fans who like the idea of Twilight to being a pricess, or piss off a lot of fans who loathe it. What do we do?" And then someone said "I know! Let's give them the worst of both options at once and piss off everybody!" And somehow they went with that.
Admiteddly, when people were upset just over that "Princess Twilight will know!" line when they were promoiting the season 4 premiere, I think they might have left the scene feeling justified in their approach.

February 22, 2014, 09:33:10 AM
Reply #41
LIFE GIVE MY CREATION LIFFFEEE!

Butler isn't half bad

Kids are so adorable
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:44:46 AM by Snowy Flanks »

Snowy Flanks

February 22, 2014, 09:57:19 AM
Reply #42
Why do the girls keep letting those two bitches Diamond and Silver coerce them into stuff? It's getting ridiculous. I know they need a reason for the episode, but honestly, they should be saying, "No, you guys treat us badly ALL the time! Why should we do anything for you? Go away."
"If thou wouldst triumph, thou must look to the Light."

February 22, 2014, 09:57:38 AM
Reply #43

February 22, 2014, 09:58:17 AM
Reply #44
...?

I think that's all I can say for this episode.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

February 22, 2014, 09:59:19 AM
Reply #45
...?

I think that's all I can say for this episode.
But...was it good?

February 22, 2014, 10:00:31 AM
Reply #46
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

February 22, 2014, 10:01:51 AM
Reply #47
I think it was overall, yes. But yeah, fuck off Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon. What do you two even do? You never run or play with the other kids. I'm kinda wishing the fimfic Empathy was canon XD
"If thou wouldst triumph, thou must look to the Light."

February 22, 2014, 10:02:13 AM
Reply #48
This was a meh episode, there was no real conflict no real tension just a steady stream of blandness

Snowy Flanks

February 22, 2014, 10:09:45 AM
Reply #49
This was a meh episode, there was no real conflict no real tension just a steady stream of blandness

Maybe it was me, but for the first 25 minutes of the show, the moral was shaping up to be 'Don't use your friend's status for personal gain', and then it turned into 'second chances'?