Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x12 - Pinkie Pride  (Read 10769 times)

February 07, 2014, 06:45:40 PM
Reply #250
Check the credits again; Amy only co-wrote half the songs with Ingram (Pinkie The Party Planner, Super Party Pony, and Cheese Confesses). Ingram wrote Pinkie's Lament, The Goof Off, and Make a Wish on his own.

Ingram's admitted that with the Goof Off he threw in the "Bubbles and balloons" verse at the last minute; apparently the song was going to start with Cheese's verse and Pinkie's birthday verse and the rubber chicken line coming after, but they decided to change it and have Pinkie start the song so he needed a new verse to come before the rubber chicken one.
Ah, well, that explains it.  The whole "bubbles and balloons" bit did make me go "ehhh"...  and since my dad was present while I was watching it, I definitely was a bit embarassed.

February 08, 2014, 09:55:11 AM
Reply #251
I thought that was a great part of the good off.

February 10, 2014, 10:13:48 PM
Reply #252
Is it just me, or does this episode get better with more viewings?

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 11, 2014, 11:51:48 AM
Reply #253
Is it just me, or does this episode get better with more viewings?
I dunno, I keep finding new things to nitpick about, scenes that seems pretty weird, and moments that don't make that much sense...  like why Cheese Sandwich doesn't seem that regretful of accepting the Goof-Off is Pinkie Pie inspired him.  The episode is still really strong, I just feel like there are tiny moments that hold it back from greatness.

I'm REALLY tempted to say it's because of Amy Keating Rogers, because a lot of the time it seems like her writing is really nonsensical, and not in the same way as Dave Polsky, but she puts stuff in that she no doubt thinks they're funny, but they just come off as awkward...  Like Pinkie Pie getting that evil grin and you see here eyes as the rest of the screen fades to black...  What the Hell are we supposed to get out of that?

February 11, 2014, 11:44:13 PM
Reply #254
By the way, I found it absolutely adorable that Pinkie deflates her balloons instead of popping them. Here's a gal who really actually cares for her party paraphernalia.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

February 11, 2014, 11:51:07 PM
Reply #255
By the way, I found it absolutely adorable that Pinkie deflates her balloons instead of popping them. Here's a gal who really actually cares for her party paraphernalia.
Oh yeah, I remember that! It's one of the little things that, for me, add to the quality of the show.

₪ ø lll•o.
I am a rarity.
Please like my artist FB page here

February 22, 2014, 01:20:02 PM
Reply #256
Kinda disappointed that Weird Al wasn't more involved in the actual songwriting. I can't help thinking the music would've been much better if he'd had a hand in it. Although I'm hoping he did record the accordion parts.

This piece of fanart based on the episode is pretty damn amazing:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Cheesypie-431074614
"Grandma says you have to leave because you're ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak." -Napoleon Dynamite

April 19, 2016, 08:43:28 PM
Reply #257
I still think Cheese Sandwish isn't his real name, I mean:

He ran from home, stumbled into Pinkie's party and got his CM after a cheese sandwish was thrown in his face, I mean just come on.  :-\

Thanks to Deaconator for my sig.

I need help with a actionscript in flash 8 wanna help visit. http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,15172.0.html

http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php/topic,18035.0.html - NEW ANIMATION please check out and give feedback.