Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x11 - Three's a Crowd  (Read 10946 times)

December 24, 2013, 04:37:02 AM
Reply #25
I hope Al rips one of Pinkie's songs during the episode

That would be so awesome!  :lol:

This episode sounds excellent, so far this season has had plenty of variety, this episode has best pony and Weird Al? Match made in heaven!

In the spoiler below, wonderful art by the one, the only, the beautiful and ever so talented - Vay

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 24, 2013, 11:41:19 AM
Reply #26

Snowy Flanks

December 26, 2013, 01:48:00 PM
Reply #27
I'm excited for this. They actually got Weird Al to do an episode? And not just any episode, but their first Musical since MMC? Damn, this is awesome! :D

I love Weird Al's parody music so much

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOfZLb33uCg</a>
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:50:09 PM by Northern Verve »

December 26, 2013, 03:06:07 PM
Reply #28
I'm still of the "Good for the episode, bad for the series" mindset.  I think the pop culture is getting to be too much in the series.
Signature in need of ideas at the moment.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

December 26, 2013, 03:09:10 PM
Reply #29
I'm still of the "Good for the episode, bad for the series" mindset.  I think the pop culture is getting to be too much in the series.

The only thing as of recent that's of pop culture is the use of the Wilhelm scream (And that's just been something done in alot of shows for years), Daring Do as an Indy expy (Which was introduced in Season 2 anyway), and the Superhero parody in the last episode. What else has been Pop Culture stuff in this series as of late?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:10:05 PM by Northern Verve »

December 26, 2013, 05:01:40 PM
Reply #30

December 26, 2013, 05:17:06 PM
Reply #31
So it turns out this isn't the Weird Al episode?

I have to admit that I like the sound of this synopsis better.

It sounds like it matches the title better, too.

My bet is that the previously-released synopsis is right for a later episode and someone just goofed by attaching it to the wrong title and episode number.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

December 26, 2013, 05:24:00 PM
Reply #32
I still don't know who this Weird Al guy everybody keeps talking about is.

[/spoiler]

December 26, 2013, 06:53:17 PM
Reply #33
This could be a bluff to throw of suspcion, but the new one does explain better

and Weird Al is a American singer-songwriter known for his parodys of famous songs

Snowy Flanks

December 26, 2013, 07:25:52 PM
Reply #34
So it turns out this isn't the Weird Al episode?

I have to admit that I like the sound of this synopsis better.

Aww. Well, as long as Weird Al shows up in a musical in some capacity, I'll deal.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

December 26, 2013, 08:17:53 PM
Reply #35
Apparently the Weird Al episode is still happening, just not this episode.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

December 26, 2013, 08:49:11 PM
Reply #36
So this isn't the Weird Al episode, huh?  Well, at least we know we're getting one...

But either way, this episode sounds nice.  I do like that they're trying to give Cadance and Shining Armor more screentime, because I actually like them, and also because I feel like they shouldn't be just forgotten about after having "their use"...  And what I mean by that is that it really does feel like Hasbro pushed those two specifically to sell toys of them, then almost immediately they seem to forget about them in favor of Alicorn Twilight.  It's also interesting because Shining Armor seems to the more well-liked out of the two, mostly likely due to the fact that Cadance is an alicorn, and a lot of people don't like the idea that there are other alicorns besides Celestia and Luna.  And since the only two appearances of Cadance had her either doing nothing during a crisis, be something of a deus ex machina at the end of a crisis, or just be in a bad episode where she doesn't do much at all, I'm looking forward to this episode.  Especially since Mike Vogel says that this will be a fan favorite:

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/mike-vogel-talks-about-upcoming-episodes.html

Yeah, hyping it like that is only setting yourself up for disappointment.

Also, I wonder who this "sick friend" is...

December 27, 2013, 12:12:31 AM
Reply #37
On the other hand, Cadence and Shining did show up one episode other than a two part series, and we probably didn't see more of them in season 3 because of that 13 episode limit with season 3.

December 27, 2013, 12:15:20 AM
Reply #38
It's also interesting because Shining Armor seems to the more well-liked out of the two, mostly likely due to the fact that Cadance is an alicorn, and a lot of people don't like the idea that there are other alicorns besides Celestia and Luna.

Really?  I guess the fandom is more shallow than I thought it already was...

[/spoiler]

December 27, 2013, 12:22:06 AM
Reply #39
Really?  I guess the fandom is more shallow than I thought it already was...
Seriously, half the hate around Alicorn Princess Twilight probably came more from the alicorn part than the princess part. Mainly because "alicorn = immortal powerful god" has become such accepted fanon that people instantly thought Twilight was an Mary Sue because of it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 12:22:59 AM by Felix Hawthorne »

December 27, 2013, 10:04:33 AM
Reply #40
Seriously, half the hate around Alicorn Princess Twilight probably came more from the alicorn part than the princess part. Mainly because "alicorn = immortal powerful god" has become such accepted fanon that people instantly thought Twilight was an Mary Sue because of it.

That's true. ::)  I never went for the idea that Alicorn = goddess and really Twilight was OP from day one. :P  Seriously though, there was still a big backlash about the Princess part as well.

Anyway, I'm so excited to see Cadance again, yay!  :pchappy  :pcflying :pcsailor

I absolutely love Cadance and it's going to be so much fun seeing her and Twilight interacting, especially now that Twi's an Alicorn Princess.  I hope they're all like "hey, nice wings" and wing fiveing or feather bumping or whatever you call that thing RD and Lightning Dust did in Wonderbolt Academy.  Oh I hope Twi wears her tiara so Cadance can gush over it and they have to do their little thing. :D

Ahem, well I'm clearly hyped for this episode, I just hope we do get a reasonable amount of Twi/Mi (Mi being short for Mi Amore Cadenza which is Cadance's full name, we all know this :P) time.  The story being about Twi being stuck looking after a sick friend does make me worry the episode is going to make any decent interaction between them impossible.  I'm hoping Shinning Armour isn't in this, not cause I don't like him I'm just sick of him and Cadance being joined at the hip...no pun intended. :lol:

I wander who the sick friend is?  It would have to be Spike, one of the CMC or one of the Mane 6 since Twi, ironically doesn't really have any other friends.  Unless she's been making other friends off screen that haven't been plot relevant...heh.  :pinkiebutt:

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

December 27, 2013, 03:57:30 PM
Reply #41
If she and Cadance do the Sunshine Dance again, i'm gonna scream.  :lol:   

December 27, 2013, 09:34:15 PM
Reply #42
I want to see Shining Armor and Cadance Sunshine Dance
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 05:54:07 PM by Snowy Flanks »

Snowy Flanks

December 31, 2013, 04:49:40 PM
Reply #43
More Cadance means this is the episode I am now looking forward to most. Hope to see more sides to her.

January 10, 2014, 02:52:09 PM
Reply #44
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/01/full-episode-synopsis-for-rainbow-falls.html

So apparently, the "sick" guy that Twilight has to tend to and gets in the way of her time with Cadance is...  Discord?  At first I thought this was interesting, but then I realized, aww crap, he's going to steal the show!  I was kind of hoping to get more personality out of Cadance, but I can just tell, from a mile away, that most of the focus is going to be on Discord...

Then again, is he REALLY going to be sick?  Really, the way Meghan wants to characterize Discord (oOoOoOo, who's side is he REALLY on?!  I mean, we did have that entire episode where he seemed to genuinely want Fluttershy as a friend, but FORGET ABOUT THAT, WHO'S SIDE IS HE ON, oOoOoOo!!!), I have a feeling this is going to end badly...  Or at the very least, a LOT of people are going to be annoyed/unsatisfied.

Still, the fact that Twilight's even bothering to take care of Discord, instead of just having it all dumped on Fluttershy...  Really, I have to see this episode, just to see how it plays out and if it makes sense...

January 10, 2014, 03:01:10 PM
Reply #45
This is actually rather intriguing to me because in a small story arc I did for my Genie Twilight ask blog. Discord helped Twilight when she got a Genie Sickness. So for me it's hilarious in hindsight that there's a bit of a role reversal in the show.

January 10, 2014, 04:03:12 PM
Reply #46
Sick Discord, if he is really sick, that has a lot of interesting potenta for magic sneezes,changing ponies into things and the castle into cheese, makign cadance look and sound like Sombra, so much glorious chaos potential

Snowy Flanks

January 10, 2014, 04:24:19 PM
Reply #47

Since I'm pretty sure this is about songs now, do you think Discord sings his song in this episode?

January 10, 2014, 04:46:12 PM
Reply #48

Since I'm pretty sure this is about songs now, do you think Discord sings his song in this episode?

I wish they were spaced out a little evenly, but it's not a big deal.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

January 10, 2014, 05:03:32 PM
Reply #49
Sigh, ok I'm keeping an open mind about this.  I am worried Discord is going to steal all the screen time from Cadance and they are going to pull more shit with him like the forgetting Fluttershy's name thing which will piss me off to no end if they do.  However the synopsis does give me some hope.  The fact that this is going to be Twilight focused is a good thing since of all the Mane 6 I get the impression she hates, well really really really REALLY dislikes Discord the most.  So her having to take care of him when he's sick, and he had better actually be sick, could lead to an interesting lesion for Twi.

I dare even go so far as to guess this might be Twi's key episode what with mention of her friendship lessons being tested to braking point.

This could also build on Discord's character from KCaFO, were he actual makes friends with another of the Mane 6. :D

This episode could go either way for me.  It as a lot of stuff I like, Twi focus, Cadance, interesting potential in the story and possible Discord development. :D  But it could all be wasted very easily so I'm optimistic but wary.

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem