Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Gimp and a drawing pad are a dangerous combination  (Read 3895 times)

May 31, 2014, 05:39:10 PM
Reply #25
Here's a couple things I did today:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

June 04, 2014, 08:35:34 PM
Reply #26
Got a new comic for y'all's enjoyment and/or hate:

June 08, 2014, 03:22:59 PM
Reply #27
I asked my bro what I should draw. He said to draw Boba Fett doing something unusual. This is what I came up with:

June 10, 2014, 10:14:38 PM
Reply #28
Here's a really old character, from a story I was writing like 6 years ago:

June 14, 2014, 01:35:37 PM
Reply #29
My brother requested this specifically after the last one:

June 15, 2014, 12:31:33 PM
Reply #30
This is the thing you should be doing when there is time-sensitive work to be done:

June 21, 2014, 03:40:56 PM
Reply #31
Another couple characters from old stories.

June 22, 2014, 05:49:40 PM
Reply #32
Drew another thing:

June 28, 2014, 01:46:34 PM
Reply #33
Here's a new thing. It's very big:

July 05, 2014, 09:33:17 PM
Reply #34
I colored in some emotes I drew my main character doing:
I couldn't think of anything creative.

July 07, 2014, 10:03:02 PM
Reply #35
VERY angry:

July 13, 2014, 06:41:17 PM
Reply #36
Not feeling all that inspired lately...

July 26, 2014, 03:37:21 PM
Reply #37
Here's a bizarre strip I just did:

July 26, 2014, 11:50:06 PM
Reply #38
That top-left picture is me easily when drinking coffee. Nothing in my head except coffee. (The only thing I might suggest is delete the space between the words so it seems like he's really guzzling it)

I like your drawing style: somewhat simple but effective shadows.
This Night Aria - Princess Luna's version of "This Day Aria"

July 27, 2014, 02:10:46 PM
Reply #39
Thanks man :) I've found a style that I really enjoy drawing in, and yeah, I've been working on those shadows. I dunno what my initial intentions were for the "coffee" text in the background of that pic beyond indicating that he's drinking coffee, but yeah, that makes sense.

Here's something new:

July 27, 2014, 02:45:58 PM
Reply #40
I suppose this guy is coming out of the closet... so the gun overlapping the right boarder/wall is effective.

With that, have you played around with overlapping over captions? For example, here, as this guy is imposing on people's privacy and space, what would it be like if his right hand were overlapping with the captions? It might not work with a gun (as there's stuff behind the hand and so it would look odd...) but it was a different picture with a sword or knife that overlap could work.

July 27, 2014, 03:00:23 PM
Reply #41
I thought about putting the text over the image itself, but that is as far as that thought went. That would definitely add more depth. My brain just didn't go there on this one. I might keep this in mind for future things though :)

August 02, 2014, 03:10:46 PM
Reply #42
Here's some fan art for ya:

August 23, 2014, 01:32:21 PM
Reply #43
Here's a couple drawings of an old character killing people. I had put them together, but I decided I didn't like how it looked. Now it's too late to change though, so...

August 23, 2014, 03:03:41 PM
Reply #44
Not sure what I'm talking about here, but I like the faded gray lines and then the dark black outlines. It's almost like a faded background or shows slight motion; for example, I could see it in a comic strip.

As for continuity: it's kinda interesting the weapons in her hands reversed. Also her tail shape is pretty different.

For tips: the quiver + arrows in the 2nd pic needs to appear a bit (unless she's wearing something different). And her right bicep in the 1st pic definitely needs be smoother/rounder.

August 23, 2014, 05:07:00 PM
Reply #45
The weapons switched hands because A. She's ambidextrous, or B. I didn't pay enough attention. Pick whichever one seems more likely, lol. And you are totally right; her quiver is completely absent in that. I didn't even put it in the original drawing, I don't think. Sully.

On an unrelated note to drawing, my brother and I did a couple covers in his garage when I was still home (I am the one who is only singing because I am not as talented, and also I am fatter.) I am also gonna draw a strip for him at some point. 

August 24, 2014, 03:41:49 AM
Reply #46
The weapons switched hands because A. She's ambidextrous, or B. I didn't pay enough attention. Pick whichever one seems more likely, lol. And you are totally right; her quiver is completely absent in that. I didn't even put it in the original drawing, I don't think. Sully.

On an unrelated note to drawing, my brother and I did a couple covers in his garage when I was still home (I am the one who is only singing because I am not as talented, and also I am fatter.) I am also gonna draw a strip for him at some point.
I thought of the ambidextrous idea myself too. If she's a skilled fighter then she should try her best to not have a weak, and therefore vulnerable, side.

-

Just wondering if you've ever heard of Dog City?

September 06, 2014, 11:03:57 AM
Reply #47
I dunno if you ever check your messages, but in case you don't, I haven't seen that show, heh. It does look like something I would like, and similar to cartoons that inspired me as a kid (Disney Afternoon, Tiny Toons, Sonic, etc.)

So... this was my attempt at animation for a thing my brother is doing. His idea was to be able to crudely animate his character, so maybe it worked? lol.

September 14, 2014, 05:32:33 PM
Reply #48
Here are links to the images I drew for a project for my bro. He is putting them together as a video or something, apparently. (Sorry, I don't feel like copying each one's url and posting them here as images. I am lazy.)

September 20, 2014, 02:18:17 PM
Reply #49
Here's some sketches I drew at the various production meetings a couple weeks ago that I put together and colored: