Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x07 - Bats!  (Read 12974 times)

December 20, 2013, 10:31:05 PM
Reply #50
Fluttershy's plan will nto owrk, nor will Applejacks, they will make an amalgimation, or Twilight will get rid of them all in an instant

Snowy Flanks
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

December 27, 2013, 10:14:40 AM
Reply #51
There's a clip of Bats out.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/12/tv-guide-batrs-clip.html

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

December 27, 2013, 10:21:56 AM
Reply #52
Fluttershy clearly moonlights as a dentist

Snowy Flanks

December 27, 2013, 11:21:51 AM
Reply #53
That scene where Fluttershy stares at the apple...  Alright, I called it, vampire fruit ponies!

Also, that other scene...  someone called "Lyra Hooves" or something uploaded it to YouTube, and all the comments basically say variations on "friends livelihood > vampire fruit bats" or "this has Merriweather Williams all over it".  I don't want to go that far in judging an episode already by it's writer, but the way I see it, the episode is trying to deal with Fluttershy's love for animals and her love for her friends.  We'll see tomorrow if they successfully pull it off.

December 27, 2013, 01:27:36 PM
Reply #54
I'm rather mixed about all of this. On the one hand I'm disappointed that it doesn't look like Applejack is going to get as much focus as Fluttershy. On the other hand it does seem to be dealing with some interesting aspects of Fluttershy's character. On the other other hand, I'm really uncertain about how the episode is going to handle them.

December 27, 2013, 03:39:40 PM
Reply #55

December 27, 2013, 05:05:23 PM
Reply #56
That scene where Fluttershy stares at the apple...  Alright, I called it, vampire fruit ponies!

Also, that other scene...  someone called "Lyra Hooves" or something uploaded it to YouTube, and all the comments basically say variations on "friends livelihood > vampire fruit bats" or "this has Merriweather Williams all over it".  I don't want to go that far in judging an episode already by it's writer, but the way I see it, the episode is trying to deal with Fluttershy's love for animals and her love for her friends.  We'll see tomorrow if they successfully pull it off.

The clip implies that whatever solution Fluttershy can offer is an extreme she isn't totally comfortable using so that seems like a realistic conflict.  Help her friend and the entire town but compromise her personal ethics and case some form of harm to technically innocent animals vs maintain her ethics and not harm the animal thus placing her friends her home and herself at risk.  Given that animal care is Fluttershy's special talent and played a huge role in her personal development this isn't as straight forward a decision as it seems...and then she turned into an apple hungry vampire pony, or something? ???

Yeah, I'm not going to lie I'm not sure how this is going to play out but from what we've seen the part about Fluttershy being conflicted about the Vampire Fruit Bats is sound.  Not that that matters cause this episode is going to get shit on cause Williams in involved. ::)

Song incoming.

Ooh, we've never had a Fluttershy/AJ song. :D

...Thus Equestria Girls is canon, so...

"We are thinking on the basest of planes. What we need, are more eyes."
- Master Willem

December 27, 2013, 05:14:26 PM
Reply #57
I wonder how much Flutterjack art will come out of this episode. It doesn't seem to be a wildly popular pairing, but perhaps they'll turn out to have chemistry ...
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

December 27, 2013, 05:49:45 PM
Reply #58
I wonder how much Flutterjack art will come out of this episode. It doesn't seem to be a wildly popular pairing, but perhaps they'll turn out to have chemistry ...
I think Rarity and Fluttershy have the best ship worthy chemistry in the Mane 6.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

December 27, 2013, 05:54:11 PM
Reply #59

That just scream Radagast the Brown from lord of the rings to me, because he became so enthralled in animal lore that he did not care about everyone else that much.

December 27, 2013, 05:58:05 PM
Reply #60
That just scream Radagast the Brown from lord of the rings to me, because he became so enthralled in animal lore that he did not care about everyone else that much.
But Fluttershy loves her friends, almost as much, if not more, then she loves animals!  Actually, I think this is a good conflict for her to go through; her special talent/connection to animals vs. her friend, her friend's livelihood, and one of the main sources of food for Ponyville.

December 28, 2013, 09:34:52 AM
Reply #61
that is an spooky apple, I don't like it

Snowy Flanks

December 28, 2013, 09:35:59 AM
Reply #62

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

December 28, 2013, 09:37:05 AM
Reply #63
Applejack and Fluttershy are a good duo

AJ didn't have a arguement at all, just called them monsters over an over
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:39:03 AM by Snowy Flanks »

Snowy Flanks

December 28, 2013, 09:38:41 AM
Reply #64
Ooh, love that song. Totally did not expect it. :D

[/spoiler]

December 28, 2013, 09:38:45 AM
Reply #65
Oh gosh, FS is making sense.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

December 28, 2013, 09:39:07 AM
Reply #66
What is the Fandom going to call this song, the Fruit Bad Lynch Mob Song.

December 28, 2013, 09:44:21 AM
Reply #67
I wish somepony had agreed with Fluttershy  :( :-X

Don't get me wrong, I understand Applejacks point, but I wish Fluttershy didn't stand totally alone.

That song was awesome! it reminded me so much of that song from the end of Disney's Pocahauntus
3DS Friend Code:2766-9304-5179

I will say I miss the old creed of Love & Tolerance, and I'm gonna keep it alive till the end.

The Last Long Night has been updated - chapter 4 is out!

My pony fiction!

December 28, 2013, 09:46:36 AM
Reply #68
They are bullying Fluttershy again

Snowy Flanks

December 28, 2013, 09:49:45 AM
Reply #69
Wait what is going on.

December 28, 2013, 09:50:08 AM
Reply #70
Fluttershy is a vampony and signals are awesome

Snowy Flanks

December 28, 2013, 09:51:11 AM
Reply #71

December 28, 2013, 09:52:02 AM
Reply #72
Well, damn. First Hulk Fluttershy, now batpony Fluttershy?

[/spoiler]

December 28, 2013, 09:52:19 AM
Reply #73
Fluttershy should stay like that, she looks even more badass

Snowy Flanks

December 28, 2013, 09:54:15 AM
Reply #74
I found the episode okay not the best. The song was eh okay not great. The weakest of the episode in season 4.