Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x07 - Bats!  (Read 10950 times)

January 08, 2014, 07:06:13 PM
Reply #250
If there's one major complaint I would also throw out, its how this fandom can get really dramatic, even divisive, over little details that weren't supposed to mean much. And how sometimes it results in the fandom thinking harder about the moment than the writer did.

Just like every other fandom there is.

I don't get people who hate others for analyzing stuff they like. There seems to be a big (or at least vocal) segment of the fandom who would love being able to shut down people who enjoy posting about in-depth looks into episodes. Even to tossing out comments about how they don't understand how the analyzer considers themselves fans (especially when the analysis shows something the analyzer personally doesn't like) and how they should just leave the fandom forever (or, in some cases, how it's driving the complainer to consider leaving the fandom).

And don't even get me started on the shippers and their horrible portmanteau names that only lead to confusion about just what the hell they're talking about. But, that's another common fandom thing. Just as, I'm sure, the meme thing is, I just don't see it as much from other fandoms.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

January 08, 2014, 09:53:58 PM
Reply #251
Just like every other fandom there is.

I don't get people who hate others for analyzing stuff they like. There seems to be a big (or at least vocal) segment of the fandom who would love being able to shut down people who enjoy posting about in-depth looks into episodes. Even to tossing out comments about how they don't understand how the analyzer considers themselves fans (especially when the analysis shows something the analyzer personally doesn't like) and how they should just leave the fandom forever (or, in some cases, how it's driving the complainer to consider leaving the fandom).

And don't even get me started on the shippers and their horrible portmanteau names that only lead to confusion about just what the hell they're talking about. But, that's another common fandom thing. Just as, I'm sure, the meme thing is, I just don't see it as much from other fandoms.
From personal experience, I think its because there's enough people who do "here's why you shouldn't like this episode" videos that some guys are lumping them and the other analyzers into one group, confusimg the two. Like, if there's a video that strongly critizies an episode people liked, those people tend to think the reviewer is attacking them for liking it.

The sad thing is, there ARE enough reviewers/anaylzers that think this way that the people actually have a reason to think that.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 12, 2014, 08:04:28 PM
Reply #252
It was a stupid episode, but it was still fun to watch
Isn't he adorable when he waddles off in anger? :rrwub                                                                               :oostare

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.