Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Search is broken for me  (Read 1888 times)

November 20, 2013, 03:20:24 PM
The search function no longer returns results when I tell it to search through my posts :ugh:
Isn't he adorable when he waddles off in anger? :rrwub                                                                               :oostare

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 20, 2013, 05:14:01 PM
Reply #1
what exactly does it do?

November 20, 2013, 06:28:13 PM
Reply #2
I enter a word, like Fluttershy, then I enter my name and search and it gives me this:

Isn't he adorable when he waddles off in anger? :rrwub                                                                               :oostare

November 20, 2013, 07:08:22 PM
Reply #3
FWIW, it works for me when I'm searching for myself, but not when searching for Methuselah. Perhaps the "strange" characters in his display name (apostrophe and comma) create trouble.

Edit: I can search posts by the user Carina II GL '88, so it's not the apostrophe.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:10:25 PM by Henning Makholm »
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

November 20, 2013, 07:14:34 PM
Reply #4
I enter a word, like Fluttershy, then I enter my name and search and it gives me this:

How do you get different skins like that?

[/spoiler][/center]

November 20, 2013, 07:18:09 PM
Reply #5
Edit: I can search posts by the user Carina II GL '88, so it's not the apostrophe.

But I can't search posts from Nisa, Heroine of Justice, so it's probably the comma.

Workaround: If you enter your name as Methuselah* (with a star at the end) you should be able to find yourself.

How do you get different skins like that?

Go to Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look and Layout -> Current Theme -> change.
OC descriptions here

November 20, 2013, 09:19:40 PM
Reply #6
Okay see.. uh...what Henning said :monster:

November 21, 2013, 08:53:17 PM
Reply #7
Ah, that seems to remedy it. Thanks

The weird thing is I was able to search just fine when I was Derpy's Hubby, Methuselah. I think I was typing Methuselah then, but not with the star at the end

EDIT - No, maybe I didn't successfully search that whole time. I know I used some substandard means of searching a few times when it failed
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 08:56:38 PM by Methuselah's Wife, Derpy »

June 27, 2014, 05:36:15 PM
Reply #8
Bump on the same topic -- the search is currently not working for me at all, and I asked Felix and it isn't working for him either. Whenever I try to search something, it doesn't load and gives me a 500 internal server error. I don't know if you guys were already aware of this, but I just wanted to ask about it.
nietzsche was a hack

June 27, 2014, 06:05:53 PM
Reply #9
Bump on the same topic -- the search is currently not working for me at all, and I asked Felix and it isn't working for him either. Whenever I try to search something, it doesn't load and gives me a 500 internal server error. I don't know if you guys were already aware of this, but I just wanted to ask about it.

I'm also having the same problem
You made this day a special day just by being yourself

Check me out on FIM Fiction!

June 27, 2014, 06:11:14 PM
Reply #10
Bump on the same topic -- the search is currently not working for me at all, and I asked Felix and it isn't working for him either. Whenever I try to search something, it doesn't load and gives me a 500 internal server error.

It's doing that for me too, about nine times out of ten. Once in a while it does work, with no pattern to it that I can discern.
OC descriptions here

June 27, 2014, 08:29:26 PM
Reply #11
I can confirm that I receive the error as well.
How to fix it?
I got nothing.

October 12, 2014, 10:38:52 AM
Reply #12
I was gonna mention it's completely broken for me, and then I saw your posts :-X Yes, it's still broken.