Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x05 - Flight to the Finish  (Read 11831 times)

November 12, 2013, 10:03:59 AM
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/episode-half-revealed-season-4-episode.html

All that we know so far is that it is a CMC episode. And it's heavily implied to be the "Scootaloo cant fly" episode.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:23:58 AM by The Derpy One »

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

November 12, 2013, 10:11:09 AM
Reply #1
It's also the "Scootaloo Can't Fly" thing we saw a clip from in the Season 4 promos xP

November 12, 2013, 10:13:23 AM
Reply #2
It's also the "Scootaloo Can't Fly" thing we saw a clip from in the Season 4 promos xP
I see...

I do wonder if this is going to be the last 2013 episode, given that they do breaks most of the time around Christmas.

November 12, 2013, 10:20:29 AM
Reply #3
But going to stress again.

The first two episodes establish how Princess Twilight's going to go.
The third episode possibly something to do with Twilight's living space
The fourth may reveal Twilight's Mother is the author of Daring Do in Show Canon
And this covers Scootaloo's inability to fly well

Those are some pretty big things (Okay maybe the Twilight's Mother one isn't as big as the others, but it's huge to me). All in just the first 5 episodes

November 12, 2013, 10:21:52 AM
Reply #4
But going to stress again.

The first two episodes establish how Princess Twilight's going to go.
The third episode possibly something to do with Twilight's living space
The fourth may reveal Twilight's Mother is the author of Daring Do in Show Canon
And this covers Scootaloo's inability to fly well

Those are some pretty big things (Okay maybe the Twilight's Mother one isn't as big as the others, but it's huge to me). All in just the first 5 episodes
And we haven't even gotten to the Pinkie's Family, Superhero Ponies, and Discord centric episodes yet...

November 12, 2013, 02:20:32 PM
Reply #5
IB4: Scootaloo will fly in the end and become the first pegasus to perform a sonic chickboom

Snowy Flanks

November 12, 2013, 04:05:48 PM
Reply #6
I honestly sort of hope she doesn't learn to fly and turn out to be a late bloomer, cause really that ruins the whole point of any moral being learned. "Hey kids! Don't like having a disability? Don't worry, you'll just grow out of it!"

November 12, 2013, 04:09:58 PM
Reply #7

Glad I wasn't the only one that thought this as soon as I saw the title. :P

Not really sure what I want out of the end of the episode... Scootaloo finally flying, or remaining flightless.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:10:33 PM by Cherissa »

[/spoiler]

November 12, 2013, 04:35:14 PM
Reply #8

Wait where did this come from. I know about the synopsis, but it doesn't suggest this does it?

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

November 12, 2013, 04:40:07 PM
Reply #9
Wait where did this come from. I know about the synopsis, but it doesn't suggest this does it?

It was implied in the comics that Twilight's mother was the author of the Daring Do series.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 04:40:39 PM by Cherissa »

[/spoiler]

November 12, 2013, 04:55:13 PM
Reply #10
I honestly sort of hope she doesn't learn to fly and turn out to be a late bloomer, cause really that ruins the whole point of any moral being learned. "Hey kids! Don't like having a disability? Don't worry, you'll just grow out of it!"
Which is why I don't want to see her inability to fly to be tied to a disability and because it's as easy to use the stupid "it's okay to be disabled" lesson.
Signature in need of ideas at the moment.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code
0130-2037-5404

November 12, 2013, 04:56:34 PM
Reply #11
The comics listed Twilight's mother as the author of Daring Do.

November 12, 2013, 05:42:54 PM
Reply #12
Which is why I don't want to see her inability to fly to be tied to a disability and because it's as easy to use the stupid "it's okay to be disabled" lesson.

They could meet in the middle, to satisfy (mostly) everyone. It would be cool to see her get an artificial way of flying, similar to Tank.

November 12, 2013, 06:09:36 PM
Reply #13
They could meet in the middle, to satisfy (mostly) everyone. It would be cool to see her get an artificial way of flying, similar to Tank.

Like a temporary thing? Because, you know, she is a pegasus. She's going to be able to fly eventually.

[/spoiler]

November 12, 2013, 07:24:43 PM
Reply #14
I don't really see how the Scootaloo not flying will be or should be much of an issue. I mean, it's not even something that hasn't been slightly mentioned with a pegasus before...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQ5d4c0WUE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVQ5d4c0WUE</a>

In fact, I think it could be an interesting bonding bridge between Flutters and Scootaloo at some point.
Discord: https://discord.gg/rbwFqKK ♥ Steam: Greenganon

[/spoiler]

November 12, 2013, 10:12:29 PM
Reply #15
I have to say, when I first saw the animatic, I was pretty surprised that they were finally going to address this, this thing that Lauren Faust had intended to address originally.  Makes me wonder if they're going to go the route she wanted, that she would be flightless and her special talent would be riding on her scooter...

November 12, 2013, 10:36:11 PM
Reply #16
I have to say, when I first saw the animatic, I was pretty surprised that they were finally going to address this, this thing that Lauren Faust had intended to address originally.  Makes me wonder if they're going to go the route she wanted, that she would be flightless and her special talent would be riding on her scooter...
If they made Dash sorta her sister, who Faust said wouldn't be a good sister for her, I'm not sure on that end.

November 12, 2013, 10:44:05 PM
Reply #17
If they made Dash sorta her sister, who Faust said wouldn't be a good sister for her, I'm not sure on that end.

And this is implying what we saw at the end of Sleepless in Ponyville goes that route, correct?

[/spoiler]

November 13, 2013, 02:45:42 PM
Reply #18
And this is implying what we saw at the end of Sleepless in Ponyville goes that route, correct?
Pretty much.

November 14, 2013, 04:29:15 PM
Reply #19
I guess this is Building up to the Equestria Games climax in the Season finale.

November 26, 2013, 04:09:09 PM
Reply #20

November 26, 2013, 04:19:24 PM
Reply #21
Why can't this be episode 3? :(

November 26, 2013, 04:27:46 PM
Reply #22

[/spoiler]

November 26, 2013, 04:49:52 PM
Reply #23

November 27, 2013, 09:02:16 AM
Reply #24