23 (38.3%)
Not good or bad.
1 (1.7%)
Not that good at all
0 (0%)
Terrible!  Don't watch this!
1 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: 1x14 - Suited for Success  (Read 16179 times)

February 04, 2011, 02:49:57 AM
So new episode airs today.  The description is

Rarity becomes overwhelmed by details as she makes party dresses for her friends.

I don't believe we've gotten a Rarity episode yet so I'm kind of curious about this one.  It doesn't sound like a thrilling episode but MLP has a way of surprising me XD
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:48:05 AM by The Derpy One »

February 04, 2011, 11:19:28 AM
Reply #1
I'm actually a bit "excited" (as excited I can be for something coming on shortly) for this episode. :x Rarity is my favorite pony.  :-*

February 04, 2011, 02:31:12 PM
Reply #2
Does anyone know when the episodes usually appear on youtube? I  know it's aired... i probably made this topic too soon though...

Also hey guest I can see you viewing this topic.  Yes you, you should register :P

February 04, 2011, 05:16:04 PM
Reply #3
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzIjY5VHM4o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzIjY5VHM4o</a>

There you go, first part of the episode in HD, no less!

Man, I wish the HubTV aired in Europe too.

Excellent episode, funny and interesting too, and Rarity really got to shine this time. The song was a bit forced, though. Oh, and the dresses she made for everyone on the first try looked great. The second ones... not so much.

Also, now I demand a toy of Opal! :) And Angel too. Also, I cannot get the picture of Rarity as a Bond villain out of my head, stroking that white persian cat...   :-*

February 04, 2011, 07:23:33 PM
Reply #4
Here's part 2:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCcycN83ZCY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCcycN83ZCY</a>

Someone made a very wise comment on YouTube about this episode:

This episode is dedicated to the hard working graphic & web designers who have to go through this every single project.

We salute you, Rarity.
b3ans4eva 24 minutes ago

WHY YES I DO AGREE
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 07:32:20 PM by Tennyo »

February 04, 2011, 08:16:10 PM
Reply #5
Me and my sister loved this episode.  ;D Rarity was so cute in it. I kind of laughed at the "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth" at the end. XD

February 04, 2011, 09:15:39 PM
Reply #6
Aw!  This episode made me like Rarity a lot more!

February 04, 2011, 10:36:48 PM
Reply #7
OOOH! Derpy appearance! Part 2 at about 2:06. OMG I love the DJ Pony XD

okay back to watching...

Well I'm glad things worked out for Rarity... tbh though, I kind liked Rainbow Dash's attire.  The second one... or the first... or the one at the first fashion show.  And Rarity shouldn't worry too much, all her friends can help her make those dresses ^_^

Love the cat too.  You'd think cats would learn not to sit on what we're using but they never do XD
Started off kinda slow but I like where it went.  Good episode, not the best, but not bad either. 

February 05, 2011, 02:01:20 AM
Reply #8
OMG I love the DJ Pony XD

Me too! I've yet to see any fanon names for her around...does anyone know of any?  :o

(Why must a lot of the cool designs be background characters?  :'()

February 05, 2011, 02:52:56 AM
Reply #9
I loved this episode. I felt Rarity was rather underused so it was nice to get an episode dedicated to her. I absolutely loved her song, and I felt bad for her that the others were being so ungrateful. Though her rolling around on her bed was just so adorable despite her being upset.

BANNED

February 05, 2011, 02:53:52 AM
Reply #10
The only thing is... what is the lesson this episode?  Don't look a gift horse in the mouth?  TBH I never liked that lesson that much, I think being honest is better :P

February 05, 2011, 02:57:24 AM
Reply #11
Maybe it should have been Rarity looks good in granny glasses. XD

But honestly though I can see why. Dash was the only one not too hard on Rarity while Fluttershy surprisingly was the harshest.

BANNED

February 05, 2011, 09:47:54 AM
Reply #12
Well being honest is one thing, but the ponies were being greedy.

I mean, they aren't fashion designers and Rarity is.  Instead of insisting everything be the way they want it to be, they should have compromised with her.

When you hire a designer to do something you have to actually let them.  See the web design comment in my post above. :)

A designer isn't just a tool to make whatever you want.  There's a reason why they are called "designers."  I do wonder if someone on the show's staff has experience in this. lol

February 05, 2011, 02:13:53 PM
Reply #13
Well granted Rarity is considered a high quality designer. I guess anyone in their shoes would have been experiencing high expectations as well.

Considering Fluttershy is so good at sewing I'd like to see an episode where Rarity and Fluttershy work on something together.

BANNED

February 05, 2011, 07:36:45 PM
Reply #14
Rarity looks good in granny glasses. XD
Yes, she does, though all the ponies with glasses have large glasses due to the way their eyes are shaped.  I love cat eye glasses, though.  I have a pair myself.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 07:38:24 PM by Draggle »

February 05, 2011, 08:20:34 PM
Reply #15
So.. here's a question, if the Grand Galloping Gala is so far away in the future, why was Twilight Sparkle in such a hurry to pick which pony to give a ticket to?

I'm kind of wondering if the season finale will have them at the Grand Galloping Gala.

February 05, 2011, 08:41:22 PM
Reply #16
Yes, she does, though all the ponies with glasses have large glasses due to the way their eyes are shaped.  I love cat eye glasses, though.  I have a pair myself.

True. I've just noticed a lot of comments though where it was implied that rarity is more middle aged compared to the other ponies who are in their late teens cause of those glasses, but I just don't see it that way. Plus twilight does look good in her nerdy librarian glasses.

and obviously continuity issues Dashell. Oh no Twilight's becoming Haruhi Suzumiya.

BANNED

February 06, 2011, 05:17:57 PM
Reply #17
I really enjoyed this episode! DAT SONG. Although Rarity's singing voice is hit-and-miss, the actress keeps slipping into something that sounds more like Twilight's voice. Still, that's nothing much to complain about, especially when you have Hoity-Toity turning up and eating a whole lotta ham in every scene he's in!  :lol:

February 06, 2011, 05:29:04 PM
Reply #18
And I thought Twilight was the one compounded to drink because of her friends. Somehow I think that evening Rarity really went to town with the hard liquor.

But I definitely loved Rarity's song and indeed I just couldn't take her being sad and miserable seriously. She was just so adorable during it. You just wanted to hug her.

BANNED

February 06, 2011, 08:40:09 PM
Reply #19
I think the moral was more one-half "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and one-half "let people who know what they're doing do their thing". Overall, I liked the episode a lot (though the two parter pilot, Dragonshy, Winter Wrap-Up, and Fair Weather Friends are heads and tails above it, in my opinion). I loved the fashion guru and the DJ. We need to see more of them in the future.

As for the Gala, I was initially kind of disappointed that we weren't going to see it after all the fuss over it in "Ticket Master", now I'm having hopes now that we've had two whole episode working towards that end. Perhaps the Gala is what Faust was referring to when she said that Luna would reappear after a while. I'm hoping that the Gala somehow kicks off an on-going plot where the ponies face up against a real threat. I'd love to see Tirac from the original TV special 1984 reappear. To anyone who doesn't know who Tirac: look up "My Little Pony: Rescue from Midnight Castle" on YouTube. He is the most badass MLP villain, ever.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:42:21 PM by WeirdRaptor »
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

February 06, 2011, 11:10:05 PM
Reply #20
Um, does anyone know how to erase a double post?
I can just delete it :P

Also I'm with the "Let the experts do their job" thing.  I remember I somehow got into making some business cards for someone when I was working at Pizza Man.  This guy was kind of an idiot  ::)   he gave me his design idea and I came up with several designs and he didn't like any of them.   Finally I came up with one that compromised BOTH our ideas and everyone at Pizza Man thought it was great and that he'd love it... nope he didn't  :(

He eventually just ended up making his own and they looked awful.  I don't believe he ever got any business either   ::)

February 07, 2011, 12:05:00 AM
Reply #21
I can just delete it :P

Also I'm with the "Let the experts do their job" thing.  I remember I somehow got into making some business cards for someone when I was working at Pizza Man.  This guy was kind of an idiot  ::)   he gave me his design idea and I came up with several designs and he didn't like any of them.   Finally I came up with one that compromised BOTH our ideas and everyone at Pizza Man thought it was great and that he'd love it... nope he didn't  :(

He eventually just ended up making his own and they looked awful.  I don't believe he ever got any business either   ::)

You should have used a superhero. But then again what kind of power would pizza man have?

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 12:28:12 AM
Reply #22
Oh, my bad, this was for the guy's SIDE Business, not the actual Pizza Man company.  He was just a lowly driver... of course so was I once but I didn't get lost almost every day... I have no idea why we kept him around...

I don't even remember what his business was, I think it was washing windows or something XD

February 07, 2011, 12:35:28 AM
Reply #23
Well again if Twilight is made to be such the alcoholic because her friends make her nerves so frazzled I can almost imagine Rarity being plastered after everything she had to go through this episode. Especially after Hoity Toity's order.

BANNED

February 07, 2011, 01:10:39 AM
Reply #24
I can just picture Rarity showing up with Hoity's order nursing a hangover and with about six cats on her back she doesn't recall buying.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage