Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: 4x04 - Daring Don't  (Read 11694 times)

November 01, 2013, 01:08:39 PM
Looks like we may know the fourth one now too.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now if you don't mind something that was hinted at in the comics and even the toy...

As for my thoughts...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:18:48 AM by The Derpy One »

November 01, 2013, 02:31:14 PM
Reply #1
This is awesome. And it sounds like season 4 will have a great start.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

November 01, 2013, 02:44:41 PM
Reply #2
This is awesome. And it sounds like season 4 will have a great start.

Between you and me. The first four episodes could possibly have a better start then any season before. Even Season 2

In Season 1 you had of course the beginning of the series, the introduction of all the main characters and albeit cheesy a decent adventure story that's Sailor Moon-esque in execution. The beginning of a somewhat seasonal arc with the Grand Galloping Gala. And a hilarious Applejack episode that still stands up to this day

In Season 2 there was Discord, considered usually the best antagonist the show has had so far. Twilight going insane while changing the status quo of the letters. And the return of Luna

Season 3 had the Crystal Empire introducing a new place in Equestria while also fitting in Cadence in some way. And albeit reaction to him has been sour, Sombra at least as an idea was kinda cool. Pinkie Pie clones, and well I guess a new Cutie Mark Crusader?

But with Season 4. We have more stuff on Twilight's new status, the Elements of Harmony, the Everfree forest. Discord showing up again. Then you have the location for Twilight's castle we presume (Celestia and Luna's old castle) and now possibly info on fan favorite fictional character within a fiction Daring Do with the possibility of the author being Twilight's mom

November 01, 2013, 02:51:51 PM
Reply #3
Now if you don't mind something that was hinted at in the comics and even the toy...

So it is true. That that was hinted at in the comics, I mean (I only read Issue #1).

Awesome.

[/spoiler]

November 01, 2013, 02:52:52 PM
Reply #4
Now this is something I've greatly missed - people getting excited about episdoes, lots of anticipation about what's going to happen.

November 01, 2013, 03:57:57 PM
Reply #5
Between you and me. The first four episodes could possibly have a better start then any season before. Even Season 2

In Season 1 you had of course the beginning of the series, the introduction of all the main characters and albeit cheesy a decent adventure story that's Sailor Moon-esque in execution. The beginning of a somewhat seasonal arc with the Grand Galloping Gala. And a hilarious Applejack episode that still stands up to this day

In Season 2 there was Discord, considered usually the best antagonist the show has had so far. Twilight going insane while changing the status quo of the letters. And the return of Luna

Season 3 had the Crystal Empire introducing a new place in Equestria while also fitting in Cadence in some way. And albeit reaction to him has been sour, Sombra at least as an idea was kinda cool. Pinkie Pie clones, and well I guess a new Cutie Mark Crusader?

But with Season 4. We have more stuff on Twilight's new status, the Elements of Harmony, the Everfree forest. Discord showing up again. Then you have the location for Twilight's castle we presume (Celestia and Luna's old castle) and now possibly info on fan favorite fictional character within a fiction Daring Do with the possibility of the author being Twilight's mom
You're right on that front. This seems like a very strong start to a season, which is probably what FIM needed after all that drama.

TOO MANY FLUTTERSHYING CONS

November 01, 2013, 10:41:36 PM
Reply #6
Daring Do author reveal will be nice

Snowy Flanks

November 02, 2013, 12:33:45 AM
Reply #7
I'm still not certain if, in the context of the show at least,

December 06, 2013, 04:51:13 AM
Reply #8
Not much hype for tomorrow's episode? After the little disappointment with Nightmare Moon, we'll know soon what Daring Do is. Author, actor or real pony.
I guess, Rainbow will slightly be an annoying fan.  :lol:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 04:51:59 AM by Nomnom »

December 06, 2013, 07:34:55 AM
Reply #9
I've actually lowered my expectations on the whole "It's Twilight's Mother" ever since there seems to be a screenshot on the author up on Equestria Daily. Granted some say that might be Rainbow imagining what the author looks like (Might explain why the author pretty much looks exactly like Daring Do oddly). But I'm not going to let that possibility raise my hopes too much. I'll be a little disappointed but I don't want anything to disappoint me like how Apple Family Reunion never touched on anything about AJ's Parents (Besides the whole comets in the air thing).

December 06, 2013, 08:47:08 AM
Reply #10
After the little disappointment with Nightmare Moon

I'm sorry, what? :abwtf

[/spoiler]

December 06, 2013, 10:35:45 AM
Reply #11
I'm going to try to watch both this and next weeks episode on livestream assuming my boss doesn't show on Saturday. Though I may have to think twice about tommarow as the Big Wigs from BMW Germany are coming to the shop on Monday so my boss will likely be there tommarow which in that case all bets are off. Having said all that this should be an interesting episode (assuming we get some Daring Do action)
Let's Be 3DS Pals! 4596-9457-8718
Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z     Hugging is Good for U! Especially when your hugging a Not So Little Pony! :P   Credit to astarothathros for this awesome Picture!

December 06, 2013, 03:47:07 PM
Reply #12
I hope the author is awesome whoever they are

Snowy Flanks

December 06, 2013, 04:40:17 PM
Reply #13
This will be my 40 years Birthday episode.

December 06, 2013, 06:34:24 PM
Reply #14
I'm sorry, what? :abwtf
I forgot, i mentioned this somewhere but i edited it away.

It's fine we saw how it happened, but i wanted to know what Nightmare Moon is.
Now we'll never find out. There's Nightmare Rarity in the comics yet, but i don't know. An explanation in the show would have been better.
:-\

December 07, 2013, 09:30:45 AM
Reply #15
Flutters is a flying teacher?

EDIT: the secret ingredient is cocaine
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:36:25 AM by Snowy Flanks »

Snowy Flanks

December 07, 2013, 09:41:07 AM
Reply #16
Applejack should make that red hat her new permanent headwear.

Well.  I didn't see that coming.

December 07, 2013, 09:46:59 AM
Reply #17
I love watching RD beat herself up

EDIT: Rd has doomed the world, this is why fans should not be allowed out of their cages
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 09:51:50 AM by Snowy Flanks »

Snowy Flanks

December 07, 2013, 09:51:35 AM
Reply #18
I love watching Daring Do kick kittens.

December 07, 2013, 09:54:24 AM
Reply #19
Not even done yet and this episode already bugs me.

The elements of harmony have saved the world on at least twice, and the Crystal Empire once, and this whole thing with Daring Do is "in over their heads"? Really?

Other than that I really like this episode.  Usually I hate overly fanboy/girl episodes, but in this they at least acknowledge that the celebrity might want privacy
3DS Friend Code:2766-9304-5179

I will say I miss the old creed of Love & Tolerance, and I'm gonna keep it alive till the end.

The Last Long Night has been updated - chapter 4 is out!

My pony fiction!

December 07, 2013, 10:00:07 AM
Reply #20
The ohtersponies were ignored, stupid smug pegasi

Snowy Flanks

December 07, 2013, 10:03:55 AM
Reply #21
Only complaint is that the message was all over the place.  Respect celebrities' privac-- no!  Stay out of a professional's wor-- no!  Help those who truely need regardless of what their ego sa--- no!  Never doubt yourself, that's it.

Other than that, a decent episode.  Nothing truely stupendous but nothing awful.  Didn't bore me to tears like the first Darring Do episode.  I love Applejack's new hat at the beginning.  That needs to stay.  Also, Ricardo Montalban pony.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 10:04:45 AM by Bronymian Rhapsody »

December 07, 2013, 10:04:19 AM
Reply #22
NEW SHIPPING EVERYPONY!!!!!!!!! Rainbow Dash X Daring Doo aka Rainbow Doo!!!!! It's perfect!!!!  :P
Let's Be 3DS Pals! 4596-9457-8718
Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z     Hugging is Good for U! Especially when your hugging a Not So Little Pony! :P   Credit to astarothathros for this awesome Picture!

December 07, 2013, 10:04:50 AM
Reply #23
Not even done yet and this episode already bugs me.

The elements of harmony have saved the world on at least twice, and the Crystal Empire once, and this whole thing with Daring Do is "in over their heads"? Really?
Srsly. And what was the deal with them all just standing there watching when the rival archeologist and his gang were fighting Daring Do in the house? Why didn't they try to stop them? Too busy fangirling? They acted super incompetent until the end of the episode. It was like they were all holding the idiot ball or something, RD especially.

I liked the name AK Yearling (that was probably already in the first Daring Do ep, wasn't it?) When it turned out she was actually Daring Do, I was like "lolwut?"

I dunno. Not a particularly strong episode at all. Entertaining, but felt like one of those poor season 2/3 eps.

December 07, 2013, 10:05:18 AM
Reply #24