Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: How to delete a thread????  (Read 959 times)

September 11, 2013, 03:47:57 PM

September 11, 2013, 03:53:36 PM
Reply #1
You can't, only Moderators can delete threads and even so we're not supposed to. If you're M+ you can move threads to Trash but the M+ situation is a bit of a mess right now.
I might be mistaken in M+'s not having the ability to delete threads though, I forget and there's no way for me to really check that. But even so, deleting threads is a no-go.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

September 11, 2013, 03:57:34 PM
Reply #2
only Moderators can delete threads

I don't think even we can, any more!

Ordinary members used to have the ability to delete their own posts and threads but it was abused by a minority of people - for example, by deleting a controversial post before any staff could see it - so in the end it was taken away. I'm not too sure on what Members Plus can do either so one of them would have to chip in, but if you really want your thread locked or moved to Trash then you can report it I guess and if they agree (i.e., there's no pressing reason to keep the thread open/active) then a member of staff could do that for you.

EDIT: I'm also going to move this to Suggestions and Help, we may as well until a Member Plus can give more insight on what Mirage and I aren't sure on... just for future reference.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:00:45 PM by The Derpy One »

September 11, 2013, 04:17:38 PM
Reply #3
Deleting threads was disabled entirely? Huh, never noticed. When did that happen? I never really looked at deleting threads before so I guess I can see why I never noticed.

September 12, 2013, 03:51:10 PM
Reply #4
Far as I know, the only thing we can do is lock our own threads.
Now I pulled myself together, had a little chat
With my empty bottle, and this little cat
He'd been hiding, he'd been there for a while
Well I told him how I missed you how you made me feel
And even though that cat wasn't real
He cheered me up and he made me smile

“If cats looked like frogs we'd realize what nasty, cruel little bastards they are. Style. That's what people remember.”
Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the lash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat."
Mark Twain

"Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well."
Missy Dizick

"I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worth while?" Death thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE."
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

"You will always be lucky if you know how to make friends with strange cats."
Ancient Proverb

September 12, 2013, 03:59:56 PM
Reply #5
Far as I know, the only thing we can do is lock our own threads.

That's what I thought, thanks for confirming.

In that case I'll lock this thread since the original question has been answered. Thanks guys!