Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Ask the Princess of the Night II  (Read 14010 times)

September 06, 2013, 09:34:43 AM
Reply #50
Made it out? No, I was there to the bitter end, working Som--, I mean, the king's damn treadmills. Our house is there still, but I'm the only one who's come home to it after the Return.

Wait, are you saying there were many crystal ponies that escaped being cursed? Nopony has told us about that. Are there records of their names? They must be long dead by now, of course, but it would still be better than if the king killed them.

We knew not of their names, but we have an approximate amount of crystal ponies that escaped. According to the records, about thirty-five percent of them were able to escape unharmed. Another thirty percent were injured, and the rest... met a fated end.

One of Celestia's guards walks into the Canterlot throne room during the night.

"Princess Luna, m'lady,"he spoke with a heavy sadness, seeming highly distraught. "I think you should visit your sister."

"She has just arrived at the castle from a public event, and she has..."
The guard gulped, as his wings unfurled slightly. "She has been delivered to the hospital wing for the time being and has been placed under medical watch."

The Princess could not believe her ears. Could her beloved sister really be in trouble?
Take me to her now. I must see her.
She rose up from her seat and walked forward toward the guard.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Now, if anything, this was all too surreal to believe. There was no way any of this could be true, and only one thing gave that away.
Do not try to fool me. I only have one sibling: Princess Celestia, and nopony else can deem otherwise. This... this is all a hoax, and illusion, made to toy with my mind. But I am not easily fooled.

Edge lands a couple feet away, a shockwave of dust coming from the beating of his wings as he landed. His wings fold up but don't retract.

Luna hovered just behind Edge with a smile.
So, what do you see, Edge?

[/spoiler]

September 06, 2013, 06:00:48 PM
Reply #51
We knew not of their names, but we have an approximate amount of crystal ponies that escaped. According to the records, about thirty-five percent of them were able to escape unharmed. Another thirty percent were injured, and the rest... met a fated end.

Smoky took some time collecting himself. When he spoke again it was with a more formal attitude.

Your Highness, I think some of the crystal elders would be most interested in getting access to those records. They've compiled fairly complete lists of all the friends and loved ones who were not with us after the Return. We've been assuming, without saying it out loud, that all of the missing ones were killed by him -- but if there are records showing at least some of them escaped instead ... that would make the loss easier to bear for a great many crystal ponies.
OC descriptions here
Using my fancy mathematics to model the issues since 2013.

September 06, 2013, 11:34:21 PM
Reply #52
  • EQF's resident Lovecraftian
  • face your fears or hide from the truth
  • bits
    View Inventory
    Send Money To DON'T BLINK
  • AKA: thexcrimsonxghostie - hXc .....TrashWastedYouth hXc - Whaaaaaaaaale! - Nora Pie - limestoneXpie
Now, if anything, this was all too surreal to believe. There was no way any of this could be true, and only one thing gave that away.
Do not try to fool me. I only have one sibling: Princess Celestia, and nopony else can deem otherwise. This... this is all a hoax, and illusion, made to toy with my mind. But I am not easily fooled.

Prince Celestine proceeded to rip off a piece of his stealth suit from his left flank to reveal the same cutie mark that had adorned Celestia's. "How can you explain this... or this?" He pulled out his locket which bore the royal seal... only a member of the royal family could ever receive such a keepsake.

"I have something you must see." Celestine said as he opened up the glimmering brass trinket. Inside Luna saw a portrait of her parents: King Cosmos and Queen Galaxy. The image of Luna with her parents brought tears to her eyes; but, her tears would turn to shock when she saw Celestia with a fraternal twin brother... the very stallion that stood before her.

"I was the first born of us both and heir to the throne, but she was more ambitious." Celestine hung his head as he went to talk of how she and some accomplices in the royal guard had him kidnapped, beaten, and tortured before being left for dead. He would then describe how he came to after being picked up by a tribe of buffalo in the San Palomino Dessert.

"I didn't tell anypony who i was... i mean, i couldn't for fear that word could get back to Celestia" Prince Celestine said, "In her youth she had managed to become so powerful so quickly... you had seen the videos so you know what I am saying."

Prince Celestine hung his head as sadness crept into his voice, "I was a wanderer for part of my life, until I began spying on Celestia, while also checking on you from time to time." Celestine turned to face his little sister, "what hurt the most is that i had never gotten to see you grow up or hold you as a young filly... or even get to know you as a sister."

Luna watched as the white alicorn princes face contorted with sadness and tears.

"I can't stand by and watch you and all of Equestria be taken by a power-mad tyrant." he whispered

As Celestine had turned to walk away, he had stopped for a moment and turned to his sister. "Now that you know the truth... will you help me to liberate our land?"
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 11:36:32 PM by thexcrimsonxghostie »

September 07, 2013, 03:42:11 PM
Reply #53
*Vanilla Frosting opens the door leading to Luna's throne rather quietly, but hiding behind the door so only his eyes are seen*
Um, your highness. You're still taking visitors right? Said Vanilla Frosting in a frightened and nervous voice.

September 08, 2013, 07:30:02 AM
Reply #54
The Princess could not believe her ears. Could her beloved sister really be in trouble?
As the duo neared the hospital wing, the guard stopped. The guard seemed nearly as distraught as Luna was.

"Luckily, Princess Celestia is healthy enough that she's able to wake for the time being. She is taking one visitor at a time, but, don't touch her. Just... don't." The rather tall guard gave a single gulp. "Afterwards, there will be... certain matters you need tend to, but I'm sure Celestia can fill you in.

I will see to it that she has a magnificent meal prepared for when she's ready to eat."

September 11, 2013, 10:23:56 PM
Reply #55

Luna hovered just behind Edge with a smile.
So, what do you see, Edge?

"Small foals, playing and laughing? Am I missing something?"
"if all the stars in the sky are my enemy,
May they know that they are still not worthy opponents."

September 16, 2013, 04:30:37 PM
Reply #56
((Long post incoming!))

Smoky took some time collecting himself. When he spoke again it was with a more formal attitude.

Your Highness, I think some of the crystal elders would be most interested in getting access to those records. They've compiled fairly complete lists of all the friends and loved ones who were not with us after the Return. We've been assuming, without saying it out loud, that all of the missing ones were killed by him -- but if there are records showing at least some of them escaped instead ... that would make the loss easier to bear for a great many crystal ponies.

I am not sure if the records have been tampered with or moved since they were collected and stored long ago. You may need to ask my sister for access to these records.

Prince Celestine proceeded to rip off a piece of his stealth suit from his left flank to reveal the same cutie mark that had adorned Celestia's. "How can you explain this... or this?" He pulled out his locket which bore the royal seal... only a member of the royal family could ever receive such a keepsake.

"I have something you must see." Celestine said as he opened up the glimmering brass trinket. Inside Luna saw a portrait of her parents: King Cosmos and Queen Galaxy. The image of Luna with her parents brought tears to her eyes; but, her tears would turn to shock when she saw Celestia with a fraternal twin brother... the very stallion that stood before her.

"I was the first born of us both and heir to the throne, but she was more ambitious." Celestine hung his head as he went to talk of how she and some accomplices in the royal guard had him kidnapped, beaten, and tortured before being left for dead. He would then describe how he came to after being picked up by a tribe of buffalo in the San Palomino Desert.

"I didn't tell anypony who I was... I mean, I couldn't for fear that word could get back to Celestia" Prince Celestine said, "In her youth she had managed to become so powerful so quickly... you had seen the videos so you know what I am saying."

Prince Celestine hung his head as sadness crept into his voice, "I was a wanderer for part of my life, until I began spying on Celestia, while also checking on you from time to time." Celestine turned to face his little sister, "what hurt the most is that i had never gotten to see you grow up or hold you as a young filly... or even get to know you as a sister."

Luna watched as the white alicorn princes face contorted with sadness and tears.

"I can't stand by and watch you and all of Equestria be taken by a power-mad tyrant." he whispered

As Celestine had turned to walk away, he had stopped for a moment and turned to his sister. "Now that you know the truth... will you help me to liberate our land?"

((This would actually make for an interesting fanfic, I must say. So an alternate universe is what I'm calling this.))

Princess Luna's glare soon lessened to an empathetic one. She still couldn't believe such a nonsense story, but this supposed stallion's story seemed like he meant it to be real. Still, that left some pretty big holes in his explanation. She sighed as she closed her eyes.

This still does not convince me, but I shall join in investigation out of curiosity.

She stepped forward to join with the stallion.

*Vanilla Frosting opens the door leading to Luna's throne rather quietly, but hiding behind the door so only his eyes are seen*
Um, your highness. You're still taking visitors right? Said Vanilla Frosting in a frightened and nervous voice.

The Night Princess raised an eyebrow. She could see why anypony would hide from her figure, but she had to reassure them.

It is alright. You may reveal yourself, visitor.

As the duo neared the hospital wing, the guard stopped. The guard seemed nearly as distraught as Luna was.

"Luckily, Princess Celestia is healthy enough that she's able to wake for the time being. She is taking one visitor at a time, but, don't touch her. Just... don't." The rather tall guard gave a single gulp. "Afterwards, there will be... certain matters you need tend to, but I'm sure Celestia can fill you in.

I will see to it that she has a magnificent meal prepared for when she's ready to eat."

That shall be fine. For now, lead me to her. I must see her at once. Once I see how fine she is, however so she may be, I will leave her be.

Though she seemed to look calm and unnerved, she was really feeling worry about her sister, and very concerned.

"Small foals, playing and laughing? Am I missing something?"

Of course not. But are you surprised? There is still a lot you do not know about me.

[/spoiler]

September 16, 2013, 09:28:47 PM
Reply #57
  • bits
    View Inventory
  • AKA: thexcrimsonxghostie - hXc .....TrashWastedYouth hXc - Whaaaaaaaaale! - Nora Pie - limestoneXpie

((This would actually make for an interesting fanfic, I must say. So an alternate universe is what I'm calling this.))

Princess Luna's glare soon lessened to an empathetic one. She still couldn't believe such a nonsense story, but this supposed stallion's story seemed like he meant it to be real. Still, that left some pretty big holes in his explanation. She sighed as she closed her eyes.

This still does not convince me, but I shall join in investigation out of curiosity.

September 17, 2013, 02:22:13 PM
Reply #58
((Long post incoming!))

I am not sure if the records have been tampered with or moved since they were collected and stored long ago. You may need to ask my sister for access to these records.

The Night Princess raised an eyebrow. She could see why anypony would hide from her figure, but she had to reassure them.

It is alright. You may reveal yourself, visitor.

That shall be fine. For now, lead me to her. I must see her at once. Once I see how fine she is, however so she may be, I will leave her be.

Though she seemed to look calm and unnerved, she was really feeling worry about her sister, and very concerned.

Of course not. But are you surprised? There is still a lot you do not know about me.

((Sorry for late reply))

*Vanilla Frosting shyly floats his way to Luna, kind of like something Fluttershy would do* Thanks your highness... I'm just here to ask you if there's a cure for a devastating poison my sister got from eating a dangerous plant called a "Nightshade", I told her not to but it was too late. I tried everything I could but I'm not really good at healing spells. I really need help... *Vanilla Frosting puts his two arms to his eyes in a sad way*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 02:28:30 PM by IceShadow1199 »

September 17, 2013, 02:51:47 PM
Reply #59

Oh. I see.

Smoky stood awkwardly for a moment, brushing the carpet with one forehoof. He wasn't sure if it was appropriate for him to take steps to end the audience, or if, on the other hoof, it was expected that he did.

Thanks for your help and your answers, anyway.
OC descriptions here

September 25, 2013, 11:01:46 PM
Reply #60

Edge looked in contemplation, "I don't find this to be as much a surprise as it is a puzzle. If these are your "children" then they must have been relatively recent... But that can't be true being that it's only been three or four years since you got "back", and began re-adjusting."

September 25, 2013, 11:11:06 PM
Reply #61

"But of course, your majesty... Just through this door, into room 27, down the hall to your left."
The guard gestured to a small door. No larger than any average door, nor particularly ornate. Room 27 seemed to click into the princess' memory. It was a room she had not seen in over a thousand years. It was reserved for people of high importance, such as parliament members, friends and family of royalty, or in this case, the princess herself.

"I trust you can find the way from here on your own. If I may be excused, your majesty, I have other matters to attend to regarding this incident."

October 06, 2013, 01:38:32 PM
Reply #62

Luna didn't speak. All she did was stand there, a disturbed expression visible on her face.

*Vanilla Frosting shyly floats his way to Luna, kind of like something Fluttershy would do* Thanks your highness... I'm just here to ask you if there's a cure for a devastating poison my sister got from eating a dangerous plant called a "Nightshade", I told her not to but it was too late. I tried everything I could but I'm not really good at healing spells. I really need help... *Vanilla Frosting puts his two arms to his eyes in a sad way*

Nightshade? Hmm, that is a drastic problem. Is it possible you could send paramedics to remedy the situation?

Oh. I see.

Smoky stood awkwardly for a moment, brushing the carpet with one forehoof. He wasn't sure if it was appropriate for him to take steps to end the audience, or if, on the other hoof, it was expected that he did.

Thanks for your help and your answers, anyway.

It has been a pleasure. If you have nothing more to say, then it would be appropriate to take your leave.

Edge looked in contemplation, "I don't find this to be as much a surprise as it is a puzzle. If these are your "children" then they must have been relatively recent... But that can't be true being that it's only been three or four years since you got "back", and began re-adjusting."

But of course, Edge Maverick. Is there a point in your attempt at understanding?

"But of course, your majesty... Just through this door, into room 27, down the hall to your left."
The guard gestured to a small door. No larger than any average door, nor particularly ornate. Room 27 seemed to click into the princess' memory. It was a room she had not seen in over a thousand years. It was reserved for people of high importance, such as parliament members, friends and family of royalty, or in this case, the princess herself.

"I trust you can find the way from here on your own. If I may be excused, your majesty, I have other matters to attend to regarding this incident."

Princess Luna nodded her head and turned to the door of Room 27 after approaching it. Worry seemed to fill her; the last time she had heard of a case this drastic, it happened more than a millennium ago. She didn't know what to expect. Slowly, but surely, she opened the door and stepped inside.

[/spoiler]

October 06, 2013, 08:56:28 PM
Reply #63
  • bits
    View Inventory
Luna didn't speak. All she did was stand there, a disturbed expression visible on her face.

The visions the princess beheld had stewed in her head for sometime. Day and night they haunted her and aroused question after question of what was real and what wasn't. One particular morning after her evening toil, she walked into her room and Princess Celestia was waiting for her behind her door.

"Good evening, sister!" she had startled Luna, "You know it's just me... why are you so frightened?

she smiled sweetly, but her tone was somewhat interrogative.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 09:01:44 PM by thexcrimsonxghostie »

October 07, 2013, 06:59:50 PM
Reply #64

October 12, 2013, 04:17:41 PM
Reply #65
It has been a pleasure. If you have nothing more to say, then it would be appropriate to take your leave.

Ouch.

Yes, Your Highness, I'm sorry, Your Highness.

Smoky backed away towards the door, somehow got it open, and let the guards escort him away.

OC descriptions here

October 16, 2013, 05:27:44 PM
Reply #66

Nightshade? Hmm, that is a drastic problem. Is it possible you could send paramedics to remedy the situation?

But of course, Edge Maverick. Is there a point in your attempt at understanding?

Princess Luna nodded her head and turned to the door of Room 27 after approaching it. Worry seemed to fill her; the last time she had heard of a case this drastic, it happened more than a millennium ago. She didn't know what to expect. Slowly, but surely, she opened the door and stepped inside.

"Yes, I wish to know, are your children immortally young, or are these the children of your children's children?"

October 16, 2013, 06:57:28 PM
Reply #67
The visions the princess beheld had stewed in her head for sometime. Day and night they haunted her and aroused question after question of what was real and what wasn't. One particular morning after her evening toil, she walked into her room and Princess Celestia was waiting for her behind her door.

"Good evening, sister!" she had startled Luna, "You know it's just me... why are you so frightened?

she smiled sweetly, but her tone was somewhat interrogative.

Right now, Luna had all those previous thoughts from that mysterious Celeste being in her mind, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get those false images out of her mind. Those damned images. But at least for once, she could take comfort.
Greetings to you as well. sister. Excuse my paranoia; recent events had been bothering me so, but 'twas nothing I cannot handle.

Ouch.

Yes, Your Highness, I'm sorry, Your Highness.

Smoky backed away towards the door, somehow got it open, and let the guards escort him away.

((Ouch?))

Princess Luna watched as the crystal pony made his leave. Though it was somewhat of a pleasure to speak to one of them, she still wondered what reason he had to come to her instead of her sister.

"Yes, I wish to know, are your children immortally young, or are these the children of your children's children?"

Edge Maverick, they are not my biological children. Did you think that?

[/spoiler]

October 16, 2013, 08:00:00 PM
Reply #68
((Ouch?))

Princess Luna watched as the crystal pony made his leave. Though it was somewhat of a pleasure to speak to one of them, she still wondered what reason he had to come to her instead of her sister.

((I'm done here, but, yes, ouch. Usually an explicit "it would be appropriate to take your leave" would be princess-speak for "get the fuck out of my hair already, or do I have to get the guards to manhandle you?" Yes, Smoky did wonder about exactly that, but not out loud. I suppose Luna's courtly manners still aren't 100% up to date. :P

And he did tell why he came to her, way back at:
If I may say so, Your Highness, you have quite a following in the Crystal Empire. It is said -- late at night mostly, but that just seems fitting -- and I hope this doesn't offend you, but it is said you're the only pony outside the Empire who knows how it is to come back from a curse and suddenly have lost a thousand years. Ponies hope that would make you sympathetic to our plight.
))
OC descriptions here

October 16, 2013, 08:07:03 PM
Reply #69
  • bits
    View Inventory
Right now, Luna had all those previous thoughts from that mysterious Celeste being in her mind, and no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't get those false images out of her mind. Those damned images. But at least for once, she could take comfort.
Greetings to you as well. sister. Excuse my paranoia; recent events had been bothering me so, but 'twas nothing I cannot handle.

Celestia began to encroach on Luna. "Paranoia?" she giggled, "And what events has you so on edge lately? Is there something we need to discuss, sister?" Her older sister proceeded back her into a corner as she smiled at her face.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 08:18:34 PM by thexcrimsonxghostie »

October 19, 2013, 11:37:11 PM
Reply #70
So.....How has the true "Mare of the Dark" been doing? Throw any profligates out of the window, a la Domino?
“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” -Steven Brust

October 20, 2013, 08:24:36 AM
Reply #71
((I'm done here, but, yes, ouch. Usually an explicit "it would be appropriate to take your leave" would be princess-speak for "get the fuck out of my hair already, or do I have to get the guards to manhandle you?" Yes, Smoky did wonder about exactly that, but not out loud. I suppose Luna's courtly manners still aren't 100% up to date. :P

And he did tell why he came to her, way back at:))

((Luna didn't mean that at all. It was more of, "if you have nothing more to add to the conversation, then you are free to leave". She even said it was a pleasure speaking with him.))

Celestia began to encroach on Luna. "Paranoia?" she giggled, "And what events has you so on edge lately? Is there something we need to discuss, sister?" Her older sister proceeded back her into a corner as she smiled at her face.

((Try not to get rid of the [/quote] endtag.))

No need to press me on matters. I understand why you would be concerned for me, but whatever problem arises for me, I am sure I can handle it.
Princess Luna took a few moments to think, then she put one of her hooves on Celestia's chestplate.
Believe me sister, I'm fine. I may be working too much. Perhaps it would be relaxing for me to have some air.
She turned away from her older sister, walking towards the balcony.

So.....How has the true "Mare of the Dark" been doing? Throw any profligates out of the window, a la Domino?

Princess Luna narrowed her eyes.
You did not just mention Domino...

[/spoiler]

October 20, 2013, 08:45:54 AM
Reply #72
((Luna didn't mean that at all.

((I know that, but Smoky didn't. The poor guy is quite nervous to begin with, and rather intimidated by the idea of talking to royalty. Heck, nopony even told him it would be alright to downgrade "Your Highness" to "ma'am" after he'd used it once in the conversation. :monster:))
OC descriptions here

October 20, 2013, 11:36:20 PM
Reply #73
  • bits
    View Inventory

No need to press me on matters. I understand why you would be concerned for me, but whatever problem arises for me, I am sure I can handle it.
Princess Luna took a few moments to think, then she put one of her hooves on Celestia's chestplate.
Believe me sister, I'm fine. I may be working too much. Perhaps it would be relaxing for me to have some air.
She turned away from her older sister, walking towards the balcony.

There was a tone from the cell phone on Luna's dresser. Celestia approached Luna with the electronic device and a stern look on her face and her eye contact felt icy. "Where did you get a phone, Luna?"
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:41:23 PM by thexcrimsonxghostie »

October 21, 2013, 06:11:22 PM
Reply #74
Princess Luna narrowed her eyes.
You did not just mention Domino...

I believe I did, Lulu. Hehehe....
“No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” -Steven Brust