Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: Game of Thrones  (Read 17289 times)

April 17, 2013, 07:50:31 AM
Why does this not exist?

Discuss the show, discuss the books. But use spoilers please as there are some pretty big ones in the series.

As for me.

Haven't watched episode three yet (so hard to find on the net) but
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

April 17, 2013, 08:40:57 AM
Reply #1
S3E3

April 17, 2013, 09:08:03 AM
Reply #2
I've been waiting for this thread, though been wondering how book and show discussion will be done, as I read the books as I watch the show, so haven't read the latest books and don't want to be spoiled on it. Will everything book related that hasn't been in the show be spoilered? And latest episodes too? Or maybe just everything?  :monster:

As for the series itself, looooooved the latest epsiode so much, so many great scenes and plot developments, gah, I love this series so much. I've started reading Clash of Kings too, so woo.

April 17, 2013, 09:11:51 AM
Reply #3
I think it would be best to spoiler everything as even things like

End of Book 1 spoilers

is kind of a big shock if you haven't started reading or watching the show yet. Just label what you are spoiling.

I usually wouldn't care much but this series is so good with the twists and turns I want everyone to be surprised!

April 17, 2013, 09:38:29 AM
Reply #4
I think it would be best to spoiler everything as even things like

End of Book 1 spoilers

is kind of a big shock if you haven't started reading or watching the show yet. Just label what you are spoiling.

I usually wouldn't care much but this series is so good with the twists and turns I want everyone to be surprised!

That sounds like the best solution, will do!

And heh, yeah, and it has such unexpected twists too, love how a lot of twists seem to not be coming, and then bam, do in an instant, like when

Book 1 and Book 3 spoilers

To start some discussion going here too, how did everyone get into the series, and was there a moment when it really hit you hard and you fell in love with the series?

April 17, 2013, 10:43:18 AM
Reply #5
To start some discussion going here too, how did everyone get into the series, and was there a moment when it really hit you hard and you fell in love with the series?

I saw people getting excited about the show, and that made me want to read the books first.

I still don't watch the show that much. I understand their are differences, but not so many to compel me to watch.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

April 17, 2013, 11:30:21 AM
Reply #6
I really only saw the adverts for it and it looked like something I wanted to see. I got in to it more and more as I watched it, playing the games and reading the books eventually followed. It's become my favourite fantasy setting as well really.

April 17, 2013, 06:57:47 PM
Reply #7
I have got Season 1 on blu-ray and Season 2 just came out, but I haven't the time now to watch it.

I really want to though.

April 17, 2013, 07:34:59 PM
Reply #8
I'm new to the series, about a third of the way through Book 1 and I haven't watched the show yet. But I'm already in love with the book, it's awesome. :D

April 17, 2013, 07:54:14 PM
Reply #9
A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best fantasy series of all time.

Also, Tyrion and the Starks are BAMF. Jaime and Brienne are cool to. And Samwell and the Hound.
"If more people valued good food and cheer over hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"

-Thorin Oakenshield

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Ask me whatever you like: http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php?topic=9247.0

April 18, 2013, 07:41:45 AM
Reply #10
A Song of Ice and Fire is one of the best fantasy series of all time.

Also, Tyrion and the Starks are BAMF. Jaime and Brienne are cool to. And Samwell and the Hound.

And everyone hates Sansa but me.  :monster:

April 18, 2013, 07:53:42 AM
Reply #11

Over the course of the series, I like Sansa more than Arya.

I have no interest in terminal illness romances as a category. I saw someone else describe them as "like watching a puppy playing through the scope of a sniper rifle"

What is next? Yelling “fire” at a theatre or trying to get Westboro Baptist protesters INSIDE the funeral home?

April 18, 2013, 11:24:44 AM
Reply #12
I started out disliking Sansa, probably because I couldn't relate to her at all, and related MUCH more to Arya.  As the series went on, though, I liked Sansa more and more.
Ask me anything!

Skype: sinceritystar | AIM: xcatxstarx | PSN: Atiqua | XBL: Aviendra

April 18, 2013, 11:57:39 AM
Reply #13
hmm is the series any good? I hear a lot of praise for it, but haven't got to watching it yet. Will I like it if I like series like: Babylon 5, Firefly etc. (doesnt mean it have to be spece thing, but being similar to the content of the series... wait, does that make sense?)

Ask the "Ghost" (Starcraft 1 and 2)

A fanfic by me. Brave new world.

-Say not in grief: "He is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was.

[/spoiler]

April 18, 2013, 05:05:32 PM
Reply #14

Sansa annoyed the piss out of me at first, but I like her now. She has some of the best development in the series. And she's part of the Starks, by the way. Come to think of it, I should exclude Catelyn from the Starks, because Catelyn is ew.
"If more people valued good food and cheer over hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world"

-Thorin Oakenshield

"The circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Ask me whatever you like: http://www.equestriaforums.com/index.php?topic=9247.0

April 18, 2013, 08:27:39 PM
Reply #15

April 19, 2013, 05:40:03 AM
Reply #16
http://j-ehan.tumblr.com/post/48247526438/yeah-i-watch-game-of-thrones-sansa-is-so

url not found!

I guess I just don't expect people to like her because of how she started out and because she isn't as "oo tough fighting type" as Arya. I feel Sansa is incredibly strong to have gone through the emotional and sometimes physical abuse she went through. As my friend said, if Arya and Sansa's positions had been switched they would have both been screwed. Sansa can't fight and would get killed. Arya can't shut her mouth to save her life, literally.

I started out disliking Sansa, probably because I couldn't relate to her at all, and related MUCH more to Arya.  As the series went on, though, I liked Sansa more and more.
We should be the Stark sisters!

I finally saw the third episode yesterday. Apart from the copy on the net playing the end music OVER THE BIT AT THE END WTF it was a good episode.

Oh and Theon-

And book 5 spoiler
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:47:06 AM by Sansa »

April 19, 2013, 04:09:14 PM
Reply #17
I recently got into the show, despite saying I had no interest prior. Friend convinced me to watch the first season, I loved it, and shortly after I caught up.

The Catelyn hate makes me kind of sad because I like her, even if she's a bitch to Jon early on.

This is one of only two TV shows that I actually watch now.

I don't really wanna go into detail about things, because I've never read the books the series is based off and probably never will. But! Tyrion Lannister is probably my favourite character in the series. Either him or Jon Snow.

Signature made by Destinae Spring.

vinyl is teh best pony...

My deviantART, I used to write fanfiction occasionally, check it out!

April 22, 2013, 08:13:53 AM
Reply #18
Oh hey I'm not the only Catelyn fan, woo! She was one of my favorite characters at the end of Season 1, and I still like her a lot. But we'll see what happens in the future with her.

Glad you enjoy it too Hawkeye! I don't keep up with too many shows either, but this is one of them and man do I love it.

Speaking of, that new episode, oh wow!

Latest episode spoilers:

April 22, 2013, 02:43:28 PM
Reply #19
Several of my internet friends pretty much forced me to watch this show, and even though I didn't care for it at first, I have come to really love it.

I'm terrible with names and faces though, so I often have a hard time figuring out what's happening. :P

Still, though. The instant I came to love the series was:

Season 1 finale spoilers
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:47:42 PM by Queen Chrysalis »

April 22, 2013, 02:54:16 PM
Reply #20
^ Season 1 finale I think you mean. :3

I actually got into this series because my friend kept raving about it and I thought it might be worth a try. I read the first book before seing the show and it really hooked me. It took a while to get used to the setting, world, and different characters but once I did I couldn't stop reading.
Then I watched the show. Then I read the rest of the books last year. I would reaaallly rec.. the books to anyone who hasn't read them. As I said it might take a while to get into them but the different POVS really help you to keep reading as you want to know what is going on with this character now and so on.

I like the books much more than the show but the show is still decent.

April 22, 2013, 03:15:31 PM
Reply #21
^ Season 1 finale I think you mean. :3

I actually got into this series because my friend kept raving about it and I thought it might be worth a try. I read the first book before seing the show and it really hooked me. It took a while to get used to the setting, world, and different characters but once I did I couldn't stop reading.
Then I watched the show. Then I read the rest of the books last year. I would reaaallly rec.. the books to anyone who hasn't read them. As I said it might take a while to get into them but the different POVS really help you to keep reading as you want to know what is going on with this character now and so on.

I like the books much more than the show but the show is still decent.

Season 1 or 2? Not sure...

And I do want to read the books, but it's kindof expensive to buy a series that long, even in mass market size.

Plus I still have a ton of books I bought and haven't read yet, haha.

April 22, 2013, 03:22:33 PM
Reply #22

Books can be expensive. If you have the time for them do you have a library nearby? But I know what you mean about having too many books to read..that is like my life. XD

April 22, 2013, 03:52:09 PM
Reply #23

Books can be expensive. If you have the time for them do you have a library nearby? But I know what you mean about having too many books to read..that is like my life. XD

There isn't a library that is conveniently nearby, no. We do have one somewhere, but it's really small and under-funded anyway.

April 22, 2013, 03:52:23 PM
Reply #24
^ Yeah it was Season 1 finale, and also yeah, I was terrible with the names at first. What got me to really start knowing them was reading the first book ironically. xD

On having trouble reading the books, what works best for me to get me really into the books and plow through them is to read them as the show airs. It works quite well and doing both gets me really into the series and world, and makes reading much more enjoyable for me, so maybe that would help!

I keep up with the show too, and read the books along the way. I first got into the show about 9 months or so ago through a good friend of mine who really loved the series and said I should watch it too, so I did, and after the end of Season 1 was hooked and plowed through 2.
I wanted to read the books too, but I got another good friend of mine into the series (jonnyjinx) and I think I enjoy the series most when keeping up with it with my good friends, as I'm seeing lots with Season 3, so I read the books up to the point in the show so I can still enjoy it with my friends a lot, but also get the great books which I'm really loving! The multiple POV character style works sooooo well.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 03:53:12 PM by AppleShy »