Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

News:

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda  (Read 38489 times)

February 21, 2011, 01:52:03 PM
On this day, February 21st in the year 1986, a legend was born. The Legend of Zelda. Happy 25th Anniversary!

February 21, 2011, 09:41:33 PM
Reply #1
Really? Wow. My brother is a huge fan of Zelda.

My favorite is still Wind Waker though.

February 22, 2011, 01:16:32 AM
Reply #2
Twilight Princess all the way, lamers!
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

February 22, 2011, 01:24:34 AM
Reply #3
Oh.. Twilight Princess.... Huge great game but I was dissapointed... The bosses were TOO easy... like not trying.

February 22, 2011, 02:15:15 AM
Reply #4
 ??? Wow, I'm totally opposite. I found MM too easy and TP very difficult. Different strokes, I guess.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

February 23, 2011, 08:28:51 AM
Reply #5
tbh all Zelda games are kinda too easy.
I'd say the 64 ones were the hardest though.

I wish they just added a hard mode for people who have played all the Zeldas so it's really a challenge.
I usually find, the hardest points in Zelda games are at the start when you only have 3 hearts lol.
PONIES

February 23, 2011, 09:26:07 AM
Reply #6
I wish they just added a hard mode for people who have played all the Zeldas so it's really a challenge.
I usually find, the hardest points in Zelda games are at the start when you only have 3 hearts lol.
There was ... kinda. The original LoZ had a second quest after you beat the game with rearranged dungeons and items locations. If you didn't feel like beating the game to get to it you could also input "Zelda" as your name to access it directly.

There was also Ocarina of Time: Master Quest which also had a similar premise to the original's second quest. It was released for the GCN as a gift to those who pre-ordered Wind Waker or those who bought the bundle at Wal-Mart.

Also, Zelda II: Link's Adventure is pretty damn hard.

February 23, 2011, 11:35:51 AM
Reply #7
I played the Master Quest...wasn't very good really.
don't really remember much though apart from, there were loads of cows in Jabu Jabu which made that easier.

But, just making enemies do more damage would be enough tbh.
PONIES

February 23, 2011, 03:36:33 PM
Reply #8
I played N64 ones a lot, I would really love to play the others but, I'm very poor to get a Wii. And those system is not openly sold in our stores and getting games for the, is a pain :'(

March 09, 2011, 07:37:37 PM
Reply #9
Anyone else thinking of getting Orarina of Time 3D? It's looking pretty good.

March 09, 2011, 08:49:24 PM
Reply #10
I can't beleive I haven't responded to this thread before already. My personal fave Zelda is Wind Waker, I feel it's totally under appreciated. I plan to get OoT 3D, and I'm glad the MQ version is included. Cows sticking out walls...IIIIIN 333333-DDDDD!!!

April 08, 2011, 11:24:28 AM
Reply #11
I found the DS games really entraining. most remarkable thing was that demon-train in LOZ:spirit tracks

OMG ITS THOMAS'S EVIL COUSIN

Anyone played the CD-I games?
(yes,sarcasm)

June 14, 2011, 11:26:28 AM
Reply #12
In preparation for Skyward Sword I've been playing through all the zelda games I haven't gotten to play or just never was able to beat in the past. I also think I've got the timeline down. If we're going from Skyward Sword then the timeline should go like this.

Skyward Sword
Ocarina of Time

Now right here is where the timeline splits off.

Young Link timeline

Majora's Mask
Twilight Princess

after Twilight Princess Link's descendant would continue his legacy.

The descendant of Young Link's adventures

A Link to the Past
Oracle of Ages/Seasons
Link's Awakening
The Legend of Zelda
Adventures of Link

OoT Adult Link's timeline

The Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass

Descendant of WW Link's adventures

The Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
A Link to the Past & The Four Swords

whether a link to the past also happened in this timeline or not is debatable but since Ganon is mentioned in Four Swords Adventures and that comes before the Four Swords Journey in a link to the past chances are that version of the story coincides with this timeline. Also since Hyrule has dried out by the time Spirit Tracks happens it's very likely that the Vaati saga could have happened in that hundred year gap between phantom hurglass and spirit tracks.

The adventures of Minish Cap Link's descendant

Spirit Tracks

So this is how I've mapped out the timeline thus far, but even if it's wrong I still love the zelda franchise and I can't wait for more adventures with Link.

BANNED

June 14, 2011, 12:10:14 PM
Reply #13
I love this series so much. I've literally been playing them my whole life. The first game I played that actually made me start liking games was Oracle of Seasons. Since then, I've played every game in the series, save for the CD-i games which I've been considering playing just to say I did. :P My favorite in the series is Ocarina of Time, though it used to be Wind Waker because Ocarina scared me when I was a kid. xD

June 14, 2011, 12:32:43 PM
Reply #14

Since I did get me a descent PC this march Twilight Princess is finally works without laging. That game is so awesome, I just need some more free time finish it :D

June 15, 2011, 05:52:14 PM
Reply #15
My Experiences with The Legend of Zelda unfortunately don't begin until the first Super Smash Bros. I had heard of the serie, but was never interested until I saw how easily Link just obliterates everyone else in that game. So I bought the Link to the Past Gameboy Advance port, and t was awesome. Then I went on a quest to get all the games the series had to offer at that point. I loved the original, hated the sequel, like Awakening, loved Ocarina of Time, hated MM, hated Wind Waker, hated Four Sword, kinda liked Minnish Cap, adored Twilight Princess, kinda like the DS games, and I'm looking forward the Skyward Sword. Man, I wish I had gotten into this series earlier.

June 15, 2011, 06:11:51 PM
Reply #16
Adventures of Link wasn't too bad. After all they used aspects of that in all future games of the series, but I won't say it didn't have any flaws either. Personally outside of the difficulty level I don't see why people hated the game.

BANNED

June 15, 2011, 06:52:45 PM
Reply #17
Preordered OoT 3D. Since I'm in the UK, it shipped yesterday, so I'm thinking there's a chance it'll arrive tomorrow. :D

Skyward Sword looks really good, I can't wait for that. Looks like they're bringing some much needed difficulty back to it, and I like that a lot.

Zelda's one of my favourite game series'. My favourite Zelda game to date is probably Majora's Mask, but I like ALttP a lot too.

June 15, 2011, 08:36:27 PM
Reply #18
Adventures of Link wasn't too bad. After all they used aspects of that in all future games of the series, but I won't say it didn't have any flaws either. Personally outside of the difficulty level I don't see why people hated the game.
I didn't like Adventures of Link that much, but I think it's just because it didn't have the same amount of exploration the other games in the series have. It's definitely not my least favorite game in the series though. My least favorite it Phantom Hourglass.

Preordered OoT 3D. Since I'm in the UK, it shipped yesterday, so I'm thinking there's a chance it'll arrive tomorrow. :D
I'm jealous. I preordered it, but we don't get it until Sunday in America, and the commercial they keep showing on TV isn't making the wait very easy. :/
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 08:39:20 PM by Safaia »

June 15, 2011, 09:27:55 PM
Reply #19
Yeah, it definitely seems like a long wait. But the wait for Skyward Sword's gonna be even worse for me. D: Does the US get a preorder bonus for OoT3D? The UK gets a poster and a different box, but that's it I think.

I agree on Phantom Hourglass too. Maybe not my absolute least fav, but definitely one of them. Had its moments though I suppose.

June 15, 2011, 09:35:19 PM
Reply #20
Yeah, it definitely seems like a long wait. But the wait for Skyward Sword's gonna be even worse for me. D: Does the US get a preorder bonus for OoT3D? The UK gets a poster and a different box, but that's it I think.

I agree on Phantom Hourglass too. Maybe not my absolute least fav, but definitely one of them. Had its moments though I suppose.
We get a poster...better than nothing I guess. Not as cool as the Ocarina they get in Australia though...

And I would love Phantom Hourglass if it weren't for all the visits to the Temple of the Ocean King, or if you didn't have to redo all the puzzles every time you went there. :/

June 15, 2011, 09:39:24 PM
Reply #21
We get a poster...better than nothing I guess. Not as cool as the Ocarina they get in Australia though...

And I would love Phantom Hourglass if it weren't for all the visits to the Temple of the Ocean King, or if you didn't have to redo all the puzzles every time you went there. :/

Yeah, I was kind of considering importing from Australia, I think it would work on my 3DS... but I'm not sure.

That was probably the main problem of PH also. The dungeons in general seemed a bit uninspired and short compared to previous Zelda dungeons though. Spirit Tracks was quite good though I thought.

June 15, 2011, 09:52:50 PM
Reply #22
Yeah, I was kind of considering importing from Australia, I think it would work on my 3DS... but I'm not sure.
I'm pretty sure the 3DS is region locked, so I don't think it would.

June 16, 2011, 05:07:18 AM
Reply #23
I'm pretty sure the 3DS is region locked, so I don't think it would.

Europe and Australia usually use PAL though, the same format. That's how it is on other systems. So I dunno, might've been worth a try. Ah well.  :P

June 16, 2011, 10:31:12 PM
Reply #24
Why is OoT the one being whored out anyways? Sorry for lack of a better word. I mean you'd think by now everyone has played it so how is re-releasing it so often make it a good idea? I see they don't do that for a lot of the other games. What about Majora's mask 3D? or Wind Waker 3D? or how about a link to the past 3D?

BANNED