39 (49.4%)
About average
3 (3.8%)
Could have been a lot better
1 (1.3%)
JFC!  This episode sucks!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: 1x16 - Sonic Rainboom  (Read 18935 times)

February 21, 2011, 04:48:22 AM
Reply #50
Oooh.. yeah... Rarity's make up. Personally I laughed mixed with delight. She looked like those Brazilian dancers who parades in the Rio de Janeiro carnivals.

Haha!  That was exactly what I said when I saw it, though, I phrased it slightly less favourably then that xD

February 21, 2011, 10:03:35 AM
Reply #51
Okay okay, perhaps she just can't dress herself then.
it's a sad truth that most designers can't dress themselves.

February 21, 2011, 02:36:34 PM
Reply #52
I hafta admit I wasn't tooo pleased in seeing My Little Timelord as a pegasus pony. Derpy, well, we all knew derpy was a pegusi anywhos! But turning Dr.Whooves into a pegasus?? Totally messes with the continuity! D: Unless I'm wrong, which I could be...

What say you? Unless this has already been mentioned and I'm just late to the party...

February 21, 2011, 03:13:02 PM
Reply #53
I hafta admit I wasn't tooo pleased in seeing My Little Timelord as a pegasus pony. Derpy, well, we all knew derpy was a pegusi anywhos! But turning Dr.Whooves into a pegasus?? Totally messes with the continuity! D: Unless I'm wrong, which I could be...

What say you? Unless this has already been mentioned and I'm just late to the party...

What continuity? Seriously, he and all the other background ponies are just filler template characters, there are multiple instances of Earth Ponies becoming Unicorns and vice versa (Colgate and Lyra come to mind), I imagine the animators just picked a background character at random and put it into the scene. That one just happened to be an altered version of the "Dr.Whooves" design.

February 21, 2011, 03:47:59 PM
Reply #54
I'm not much into Dr. Whooves but maybe he used the tardis to give himself wings?

BANNED

February 21, 2011, 05:38:48 PM
Reply #55
But with them being actual nods to the fans (as I thought has been assumed) you'd think they'd keep them to one ponyset instead of just throwing them in anywheres. :P

Although I could be wrong, seeing as how the bronies there had different voices. Maybe I'm just being obnoxious too. lol I'm a huge Dr.Who fan on top of my MLP love.

February 21, 2011, 05:40:50 PM
Reply #56
I wonder if one of the bullies was named the situation. XD

BANNED

February 21, 2011, 06:15:29 PM
Reply #57
He could have had a few adventures in the time?

And could have regenerated into a brand new pony by this episode.  Would love to see a different younger female pony as a companion with him each time, haah.

Also, has anyone spotted a Blue Horse Box anywhere?

February 21, 2011, 06:32:25 PM
Reply #58
The best RainbowDash episode yet :D

February 21, 2011, 07:15:12 PM
Reply #59
The best RainbowDash episode yet :D

Yeah!! Sonic Rainboom ftw!!!

February 21, 2011, 09:38:10 PM
Reply #60
I think Rainbow Dash summed it up nicely when she said, "Best day EVER!"

February 21, 2011, 10:39:14 PM
Reply #61
Fluttershy was so incredibly moe this episode. I loved that.

BANNED

February 21, 2011, 10:44:03 PM
Reply #62

February 22, 2011, 03:24:41 AM
Reply #63
Another thing, this episode perhaps puts some of Dash's gusto into perspective. Perhaps it's because she feels she needs to prove something?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage

February 22, 2011, 04:18:25 AM
Reply #64
Another thing, this episode perhaps puts some of Dash's gusto into perspective. Perhaps it's because she feels she needs to prove something?

I think that's how she's come across in most of the Episodes, she's proving herself to her friends, and herself.

February 22, 2011, 04:30:49 AM
Reply #65
I think that's how she's come across in most of the Episodes, she's proving herself to her friends, and herself.

Shes incredibly loyal, I adore that quality.

February 22, 2011, 04:37:09 AM
Reply #66

Shes incredibly loyal, I adore that quality.

Trouble is that's not a quality that is Unique to her, can you say any of the Ponies would not be as Loyal as her in similar situations?

Perhaps with the Exception of Rarity as with Swarm of the Century "EVERY PONY FOR THEMSELVES!!"
But then again, she did give up her dress designs for her friends opinions later much to her own embarrassment so, maybe she has redeemed herself a bit.

It's her Brash Confidence and desire to prove herself and do good by her friends that sets her apart.

February 22, 2011, 08:15:15 AM
Reply #67
Trouble is that's not a quality that is Unique to her, can you say any of the Ponies would not be as Loyal as her in similar situations?

Perhaps with the Exception of Rarity as with Swarm of the Century "EVERY PONY FOR THEMSELVES!!"
But then again, she did give up her dress designs for her friends opinions later much to her own embarrassment so, maybe she has redeemed herself a bit.

It's her Brash Confidence and desire to prove herself and do good by her friends that sets her apart.

What I say  :lol:

Rarity wanted something special for her friends and they didn't like it so she redo them, without thinking that those dresses would go on the fashion show. xP
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:18:31 AM by RainbowDash »

February 22, 2011, 08:33:24 PM
Reply #68
I told you about that sonic rainboom bro. I told you.

BANNED

February 23, 2011, 01:33:51 AM
Reply #69
I'm pretty sure the vanity just made her go into a vicious cycle of trying to get more and more attention, which ended up having her wear that horribly gaudy outfit.

It was stage makeup!  It was meant to be seen from 200 feet away.

February 23, 2011, 05:41:52 AM
Reply #70
It was stage makeup!  It was meant to be seen from 200 feet away.

Ooh, that's a good point.
Still, I can help but feel she should have been on some sort of Earth Pony Pride parade float xD

February 23, 2011, 04:33:29 PM
Reply #71
Ooh, that's a good point.
Still, I can help but feel she should have been on some sort of Earth Pony Pride parade float xD

I guess Rarity gets all her fashion tips from watching logo :monster:

BANNED

February 23, 2011, 06:57:57 PM
Reply #72
That brown jock pony with hair over his eyes sounds EXACTLY like Kevin from Ed, Edd n' Eddy when he says "That Sonic Rainboom was aaawwsome!". Yeah, I know it's the same actor, but it's just so weird to hear that voice coming from a character who isn't Kevin.  :monster:

February 23, 2011, 09:53:13 PM
Reply #73
That brown jock pony with hair over his eyes sounds EXACTLY like Kevin from Ed, Edd n' Eddy when he says "That Sonic Rainboom was aaawwsome!". Yeah, I know it's the same actor, but it's just so weird to hear that voice coming from a character who isn't Kevin.  :monster:

Now I'm imagining Dash trying to scam those bullies with two other pegesi back in her school days. XD

BANNED

February 23, 2011, 09:55:52 PM
Reply #74
Hey, anybody who hangs out at /co/...can somebody find that series of formulas that a brony posted which uses the assumption that Dash pulled out of supersonic speeds to prove the inherent energy of "Friendship"? I saw that once and now I can't find it. :-[